Sign in to follow this  
Maverick351

unit 23

Well went up Saturday and checked many areas I was informed about. Glassed quite a few area's. We started up just south of Young. And wound up driving from there to cherry creek and all around back into Young then up north to the 260, back down 288 to workmans creek area and back into Young. 2 days 300+ miles of main and back roads and some areas that were hiking trails and covering numerous terrains and different areas. We saw 12 turkey, lost track on cows and horses, squirrels, rabbits and birds. Not one deer or bear.

Well sorry to hear that. there is tons of deer up there. I would suggest not driving so much and walk and glass. Went up weds to our other house with my father in law, put maybe 7 miles on my boots not 300 miles on a vehicle. Saw 20 plus turkeys, and 32 bucks in two days. Pretty eventful weekend if he hadn't missed 3 different times. Hope everyones hunts went well.

P.S. not trying to be a jerk in this post but opening weekend is a nightmare up here with all the hunters and road hunters, you would be amazed if you go off the beaten trail just a few miles to what you will see

• Like 12

That sounds like a good learn the unit trip. Now take what you learned from the driving and pick an area you fill fits your hunting style and start working the area.

• Like 2

Like I said not trying to be jerk. Had hunters all around us also and someone told my dad hey there wAs two point around corner. Went and found a herd of 13 bucks. Just have to get out and around regardless of people. Actually people push them around and cN pattern them. Keep at it they are there.

where were those turkeys and deers exactly ShedHunterAz? ha ha ha. Just kidding. Ive go the October hunts. cant wait to get out there and stretch out the legs a little to see if we can fill tags this season

where were those turkeys and deers exactly ShedHunterAz? ha ha ha. Just kidding. Ive go the October hunts. cant wait to get out there and stretch out the legs a little to see if we can fill tags this season

a good place to start I'd where fr 700 and fr133 intersect.

Also sorry I forgot to put that while I may be able to due to some medical reasons my wife who's tag I'm working on can't do any serious hiking. So that made driving around looking for sign a bit easier.

Like I said not trying to be jerk. Had hunters all around us also and someone told my dad hey there wAs two point around corner. Went and found a herd of 13 bucks. Just have to get out and around regardless of people. Actually people push them around and cN pattern them. Keep at it they are there.

btw... those muleys were right where you said... right as I was pulling up some guy on a quad bumped them... he thought they were elk.. LOL!

I couldn't get back on em though...

thanks for the good look!

James