Sign in to follow this  
2thehunt

36A Batamote Ranch gate locked

Does anyone know why or how long the Batamote Ranch gate is locked ? Went for a Sunday drive and the gate on the east side of the ranch had a cable and lock thru it ? Anyone out there know the reason and for how long ?

The rancher got tired of people not closing the gate. In 36A there are too many people that either do not know or care about the importance of leaving a gate the way you found it. I have hunted in 36a for 20 years and have spoken to him many times about the status of gates, damage done during hunting season, and trash left st camp sites. I personally have gone out after hunting season and cleaned up several camps. So that piece of land is deeded and he has locked the corral.

Lee

• Like 2

THAT REALLY SUCKS FOR ALL OF US THAT CARE HOW WE LEAVE THINGS. SOME PEOPLE WILL SCREW IT UP FOR EVERYONE. I REALLY DON'T BLAME HIM AT ALL THOUGH.

Yep, hunters screwing it up for others... Tomorrow the pole line off of Santa Rita road and Whitehouse Canyon get locked in 34A. Lots of land being locked up due to a few un responsible people.

Sometimes hunters, sometimes others. Some of the gate signs should also read CERRADO LA PUERTA, not that that would make any difference to those whom have no vested interest.

So it begins. First step start locking. Next step get with game and fish for pact next step fees for access. Get ready.

Well from my understanding the ranch was leased to a new person who took the liberty of locking the gate. It's been locked for months now. I got in contact with the previous owners trying to get a code for the gate and this is what I was told...

• Like 1