Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

Commenting on wolf issue is waste of time...its already been decided

Not suprising. The PEOPLE dont run anything in this country anymore, the government does. We may be more free then most countries but not as free as the constitution intended us to be from a burdensome and overbearing government. Its just a matter of time before it is a full blown tyrannical governemt.

• Like 1

people do run the country... the ones with deep pockets and their own agendas!

James

One thing about it, now the fence riders and rancher cussers that dont know much of anything about this farce get to see what those of us that live in the middle of it have had to deal with for the last 20 years. Believe me, ANYBODY involved in this is not your friend. So don't be friendly to em. And there are lurkers here that are the enemy. You can all say SSS all you want. That won't fix the problem. The mongrel curr dogs aren't the problem. The problem is people. And any person involved in this is a liar at best. They fabricate data, hide negative info, cover up anything that shows the truth, and help further something that has been a lie since it's inception. Hide and watch. Anything outdoors in Az has just been permanently changed. Negatively. Have fun in Prescott, flagstaff, kingman, Tucson, Sierra vista, etc. The usfw is on the way to destroy your ability to enjoy the woods. Lark.

• Like 4

Everything is agenda driven. No one cares about the truth or doing it right. There next project to keeping us out is the grizzly bear. Theyre already close to dumping it on us now. Just a matter of time. All of this is by design, every bit of it. Its not that they are stupid, quite the contrary actually. They have a plan and they are going to use our system against us with the help of there own in political office. Towns and cities will be the only place they'll allow us to be if they can have it there way.

This "sue and settle" has been going on for some time. Those groups get a lot of their funding from the settlement (attorney fees). So...why cant sportsmen groups do the same thing? I'm guessing that they get "standing" from saying that the wolves were here before and we need them back. So, although it would be "after the fact", why cant we sue them after they 'negatively' impact the wildlife and our chosen outdoor activity?

Anyone have input on this idea?

Good to see Lark on here. Haven't seen him on here in a while and I'm glad he's back.

The article states that "When such lawsuits were initiated, EPA does not disclose the notice of the lawsuit or its filing until a settlement agreement had been worked out with the private parties and filed with the court." I'm pretty sure that all federal lawsuits are public record and available to be read as soon as theyre filed. (And I'm not sure it's the EPA who got sued but that doesn't matter.)

And I respectfully disagree with this idea:

ANYBODY involved in this is not your friend. So don't be friendly to em. And there are lurkers here that are the enemy.

There have been lots of times where someone has disagreed with me (even Lark) and I've thought "Whoa, good point! I was wrong." or even if I didn't change my mind, I felt that my own position was bolstered by thinking critically about an opposing view. Either way, I'm better for it. Either I change my mind when I was wrong or I'm even more confident that I'm right.

• Like 1

The people pushing the wolf agenda are just like the tree huggers that prevent selective deforestation. They claim to be positively affecting the balance of nature, when actually they are severely negatively impacting it. It's all a bunch of "Greenie" college kids with all book smarts and no real world experience. Reminds me of when Janet "Aunt Bee" Napalitano went against getting rid of the Lions in Sabino who were stalking people. Took the word of a bunch of no nothing "educated" eggheads instead of listening to real world Zoological experts in the species who said the cats wouldn't stop the behavior once started. Typical of that side of the aisle (which I think I can say since this is actually about something that affects hunting).

Bottom line is that Wolves were not fit to survive in AZ. The Coyotes did. The Black Bear did. The Mountain Lion did. The Grizz didn't. The Wolves didn't. It's just the way of it. Had they been fit to survive, they would have. Period. No matter the hunting ... all those species have been hunted hard. Arizona has been just fine without the two that didn't make it ... and the ones that did are actually having too much success despite hunting them hard still.

Just my opinion. Any lurkers who don't like it can feel free to throw darts ... doesn't affect me any.

There are lurkers here. Trust me. And their buddies too. And I ain't ever gonna be friends with em. The grizzly deal is even stupider than the wolf deal. They are extinct. They dont even have any crossbred ones. They wanna take tundra grizz that live way north and have unlimited resources and put em here where there ain't that much and everything is all criss crossed with roads and stuff. Stupid. Just stupid. Anyway, I digress. If you drive 35 miles north of morenci on 191 and take pine flat road til it dead ends you come to a place called the Mallet ranch. Ground zero for this wolf/dog fiasco. I own it. It's my home. There have been wolves in my front yard. How many of you can say that? Awhile back, the tracks of four were in the snow. Four that the usfw days dont exist. Dunno how they figger, but they're all liars, so it doesn't matter. Our place is the closest privately owned building, about 5 miles, give or take, as the wolf/dog wanders, from engineer spring. If you don't know where that is or what it means, then shut up. There hasn't been one word that has been made available to the public to about this matter that I haven't been privy to. Don't try to bs me about it. I've witnessed first hand the deceit that is involved in this POS. I have a little different take on all this. Ask yourself a question. These are supposed to be MEXICAN wolves. There were never more than transients in the area they are released now. So why did they release them where they did instead of in SE Az and SW new Mex? Ponder on that. Here's the answer. Private land. SE Az and SW new Mex are covered with vast areas of private land. So much that the Feds wouldn't have enough control. So why is that important? Couple reasons. 1- with all the private land folks could cap these wolf/dogs pretty much at will for killing their stock. And 2- this is the interesting one, the feds can't force their will on folks because there is so much private land that they can't control. So they put em up along the Mogollon, in an area of little private land and lots of federal land. Where they can run rough shod over things. And get established. My uncle killed more wolves than any one man. Hundreds. He's still a legend with the gov't trappers. Very few were north of where I-10 is now. Doesn't it seem logical to put em where they were? There are some huge wild areas in the sky islands. Why not there? The wolf/dog is just the tool they are using to put folks off the land. Everyone. Cowboys, hunters, anglers, campers, offroaders, etc. So, this what happened at the Honda mtg the other day. Everything you are used to on public land got shot right between the eyes. This has been going on for 20 years. In the next 20 everything that has anything to do with outdoors in Az is going to change so much it is sad. It will be worse than if it was private land, because it will be managed by the Feds. Also, unless I've read it wrong, this new part of the fiasco doesn't apply to the land south of I-40 in new Mex. Why? Private land. You just got to witness the beginning of the death of joint use in Az. Call me wrong. I don't care. But look back on September 4, 2034 and see if I'm wrong. It's about control. It ain't about these currs. So what are you gonna do about it? I don't know. And I'm a genius. It has me perplexed. I plan on living my days out in the mountains and hope I get to. I hope you good guys do too. Lark

• Like 2

I went back and reread some stuff. The new fiasco does include new Mex south of I-40. Oh well. I still stand by my other convictions. Lark.