Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Check out the new tripler from Jim White!

Jim White has come out with a simple, high-quality optic that will triple the magnification on your binos. This unit simply clamps to the eyepeice of whatever binos you have. It's designed to be a universal tripler, meaning it will work on just about any binoculars out there. I tested it out on my 15x and 10x binos and it worked great. Transmits light a lot better than the swarovski doubler, in my opinion.

You can read more about it in the CW.com store: http://www.coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/tripods_adaptor.htm

Check it out!

Amanda

Well, as with everything I sell, you can try it out and if you don't like it, you can return it for a refund (excluding shipping cost and assuming the item is still in new condition). If you live in Williams area you can see one at Jim's house. I don't know if Outdoorsmans is carrying them yet or not, but you might be able to see one there.

I think it's a really neat unit. To me, it doesn't replace a good spotting scope, but for certain situations, like perhaps a backpack hunt it's a really nice alternative. Or some people that don't even carrying a spotting scope might really enjoy having this to increase their ability to get detail on a buck. It gives you some extra power but barely any extra weight.

Amanda

Do you know if it is water proof? I am pretty sure I am doing a backpack hunt in Alaska this fall. This would be good thing to have, but only if it can handle rain.

Jim told me that he asked the manufacturer that question and the manufacturer says they should hold up fine to rain, but maybe not to being submerged in water for a long period of time. Jim suggested that if you keep the tripler in its case unless you are using it, that it should be fine. You can also put that case into a ziplock bag for even more protection. I think it's fair to say the unit is strongly water resistant since all the threads and everything are sealed, but I wouldn't keep it submerged in water.

Amanda

I was impressed with the clarity of the optics, but if you are thinking of using two at a time to make say a 30x bino out of 10s for glassing, I don't know that I would do it. The eyepeice is a little small I think for glassing for long periods of time. Of course you lose some light transmission with that higher magnification and you get better light through something that is larger like a full size spotting scope or a real 30x binocular.

Amanda

you know how much a good spotting scope is! try to fit one of those babies on a college kids budget with a job that pays $10/hour working MAYBE 15-18 hours a week!!!!

Casey,

Stop being such a tight a--!

When I was 20 years old I got fired from my job. Lucky for me it was Jan. 9th. I went right down to Outdoorsman's in Cave Creek and dropped $1200.00 on new optics and went hunting every day the rest of the month. My wife ( then girlfriend ) was not real impressed.

Suck it up and drop the coin!!!

Just kidden Casey, I just felt like screwin with ya since your always pickin on the rest of us.

Would it work to put one on each eye peice and use it as a bino trippler and not juust as making your binos a spotting scope. That is what i think the other post was asking when he said could you use more than one.

I checked out the new tripler today on a pair of Minox 15s at the archery shop here in Flagstaff. I am very impressed with the clarity of the glass. I too am a poor college student and I should be able to fit this in my budget when my tax return comes.

Casey, just sell your rifles, the way you shoot you would do better with a semi automatic sks and a banana clip so you could have some major ammo spray. Then you can afford the tripler to check out the size of the spikes on your next deer!! :lol: ag

Casey, just sell your rifles, the way you shoot you would do better with a semi automatic sks and a banana clip so you could have some major ammo spray. Then you can afford the tripler to check out the size of the spikes on your next deer!! :lol: ag

Thats funny.... dont know if ya read it or not, but i killed my buck in november with one shot! thats right! ONE SHOT!!!

funny thing is, i almost went to Western New Mexico in Silver City... guess its a good thing i didnt go there ;)

I am a poor college student also but have my priorties straight.

1. Hunting

2. Camping

3. Girls

4. Camping

It is very simple. Save up by putting away 1/2 your paycheck each time and within a year you should have a high quality spotter.