I will be Wyoming hunting Antelope around the Kaycee area from Oct 12-20th. Just wondering if anyone know's of any good bird hunting in the area? I would be willing to hire a guide if it was reasonably priced.

Thanks,

Adam

I will be in Unit 21. My hunt starts on Oct 15th. I will be there a few days early. I was hoping to get a little bird hunting in if possible. I don't care what type of bird. I just want to have fun. Grouse would be fun.

Adam

We will be in alcova also starting oct 3. Looking also

If you are driving by casper check out grey reef anglers just south of casper. They do full day or half day hunts, guided or not.

http://www.greyreefanglers.com

I actually called them yesterday. It looks like they provide a great service. I think $550 for a full day of bird hunting or fly fishing is a little high. I can't afford that much on top of all the other trip cost's. I would like to find something in the $250 for a full day. I'm sure I can find some fly fishing on my own, but finding birds is another story.

Adam

Did you ask them about hunting without their dog or guides? Seems they told me i could do it myself and it would be cheaper. That was quoted earlier in the year though. They also said i can bring my own dog if i wanted.

You'll run into Huns in some areas your hunting Probghorn up there. Good luck. If I go work in Casper I may get out and hunt a little this fall.

Sorry I can't help you more Adam as I have no first hand knowledge of this area. What I can tell you from years of living and hunting in the Dakota's and eastern Montana and Wyoming is that if there is any decent grass cover bordering crops of any kind, you will likely have pheasants, Hungarian partridge, and sharptail grouse. The issue is most of the cropland will be private ground. I would pack a shotgun and some shells and just see how it pans out, my guess is that you will run into plenty of birds in your scouting and will kill some if you're opportunistic about it. If you flush a covey and they fly over a rise, grab your gun and a pocket full of shells and go after them, no guide or dogs needed!

We will be in alcova also starting oct 3. Looking also

Check out http://www.crazyrainbow.net/Guided-Services/wing-shooting-wyoming.html met chad the upland manager last year on my antelope hunt. heck of a guy and from what I can remember pricing wasn't too bad they offer half/full day as well as cast and blast packages. Beautiful property that covers most of the West Bank of the platte river from alcova north almost to Casper. Wish I would have known of this place before my hunt, would have worked it into the plan... Although we had our hands full chasing the same 2 herds (possibly the only 2 herds In our unit) around all week.