TAM

Kade's first pig hunt!

Here's a couple pic's of the javelina that my 6 year old son Kade helped me find, stalk, and shoot on Saturday. We glassed him up at nearly a mile away before making a difficult stalk through the cat claw and rough terrain before shooting him with my rifle at 88 yards. Kade helped me gut him and then led the way on our pack out. We were hunting with Greg McBride and his 19 year old daughter Bethany. After several attempts we were able to get Bethany and myself lined up on two pigs, we then waited for them to stand still long enough for us to count to three and shoot. One....two....three......BOOMB!!!! We both had pigs.

Kade was thrilled! As usual he had a million questions but learned alot as well. Things like what catclaw is, they don't call them stink hogs for nothing, and of course everthing gets to take one last crap when it dies!

The worse part about the entire hunt was that I had to be the one to pull the trigger. Kade is already counting down the days until he's 10 and can get his own tag.

Kade with our pig.

post-25-1172503685_thumb.jpg

Kade taking a nap in the sun after a long day. Notice the cool Batman skull cap!

post-25-1172503705_thumb.jpg

Congrats to all parties invlolved! Thanks for sharing it with us good job Tim.

Congrats Tim on the pig!

I've been blessed to be able to witness Tim's fathering techniques with his 3 boys and let me tell you, they all think the world of him. He answers all their questions without getting annoyed and you can feel the genuine love he has for them. Good years to come!

Good job, Tim! Who pulls the trigger does not matter.... It is the lifetime of memories that occur before and after the trigger is pulled that matters! :) You are sowing the seeds...... and I bet your crop will be healthy! :) Nicely Done!!

"Kade was thrilled! As usual he had a million questions but learned alot as well. Things like what catclaw is, they don't call them stink hogs for nothing, and of course everthing gets to take one last crap when it dies!"

:lol: :lol: :P Great pics and congrats! JIM>