While helping out the Arizona Elk Society at Cabelas Sunday a gentleman who worked a ranch in Mexico brought a buck up that he had killed this year while hunting with a 30-30. I was able get my picture taken with it and thought I would share it with everybody.

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

Talk about a trophy of a lifetime.

Back in da day my grandfather and father said the hunt was personal between the hunter and the deer,to get meat to survive and a mount was not the issue,if you went out to hunt and were successfull and brought back meat that was all the thrill you needed so sometimes when the buck was a trophy that was the last thing they were looking at.That looks like alot like the ones my grandfather and great grandfather have.except with out the hair and skin??

man this makes you wonder if the world record is in some garage somewhere and the owner has no idea what they have.

kinda makes you wonder what is really out there.

Im sure there is a world record laying in some ones garage, or chewed up with a broken skull plate.

one of my hunting partners Dad only had one buck officially scored cause his buddy thought his buck was bigger. this buck scored 119" typical NET and he told me he remembers playing with deer heads that made that 119" look like a dink!