While helping out the Arizona Elk Society at Cabelas Sunday a gentleman who worked a ranch in Mexico brought a buck up that he had killed this year while hunting with a 30-30. I was able get my picture taken with it and thought I would share it with everybody.

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

Talk about a trophy of a lifetime.

I can't type on here the words that came out of my mouth just now! I can't believe how symetrical that rack is/was at least before it broke that extra point on the left! What a hog! Is the hide still on the skull cap? Looks like the hair had been somewhat scraped off? Thanks for postin'. JIM>

It looked like the guy just pulled all the hair off and left the skin to dry onto the skull. If the tine on its left antler had not broken off it would have scored around 153 and would have only had 3 inches of deductions!!!

It looked like the guy just pulled all the hair off and left the skin to dry onto the skull. If the tine on its left antler had not broken off it would have scored around 153 and would have only had 3 inches of deductions!!!

ON A 6x6 FRAME.............UNBELIEVABLE BUCK! That is weird though about the hide......why not just skin it off.....it'd be alot easier? Did he realize how special that buck is, or was it JUST a nice buck to him? You never know ;) Wish it was mine though........it sure wouldn't be screwed to a board like that! JIM>

I know what you mean. He had a G&F officer measure it for him and when the officer told him he had a top 20 buck the guy didn't even care it seemed like. I know if I got a buck like that it would either be a shoulder mount if not a full body mount.

You should have yelled "Look..JIM ZUMBO!!!" and while everyone looked in the other direction...ya shoulda taken off with the rack haha, all kidding aside that's just an unreal rack!

It would seem more appropriate if a nice young girl in a binki held that rack rather than you....oh well ;)

That is an incredible rack. The bases are 4 inches and all the other mass measurements are bigger. The man lives in Mesa but has family ranch in Sonora near Arizpe. He knows its a big rack which is why he had it at Cabelas. He wants it entered in the record book. I gave him this website address and told him to contact Amanda. Hopefully he will and we can see more pics.

Keven

WOW

That is awesome that you were there and able to take pics of it.

WHOA!

I know if ever killed a buck like that, I would not let anyone with a tape measure near it.

I don't need a score to tell me that is a trophy of several lifetimes.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...............

You shoulda just ran off with it! You're young enough to outrun them old bastages!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...............

You shoulda just ran off with it! You're young enough to outrun them old bastages!

I was thnking about it but thought I would just tag one this next year ;)

That's a great buck. I hunted near Arizpe in January and I for sure did not see that one within my rifle range. When we came back across the border we had some major hoops to jump through with US Fish and Wildlife. Our skulls had to be cleaned and the hides had to be frozen solid. Ours hides were a little soft and we had to sign a declaration that they had been frozen for 24 hours, otherwise they could confiscate. I guess my question would be, why does this skull have hide on it if it came from Mexico? Great Buck though!

EBB