Sign in to follow this  
kidso

Beautiful Bear Roast

Dinner with leftovers! Roast from my 2013 blonde.

post-4429-0-25059900-1413770092_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good! Taste as good as that pulled bbq bear the other day? Thanks again, it was amazing man!

I took an entire 8 pound roast and threw it in the crock pot on low. After two hours, I drain off the juice so the meat is not cooked in its own oils. Then, I thin slice a sweet onion and cover the top of the roast with them. After that, I add about two tablespoons of liquid hickory smoke and sprinkle on some Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning. Finally, I cook it on low for another 10 hours and the meat "almost" falls apart when you cut it, but it stays together. Now, it is ready to melt in your mouth!

• Like 2

Have you ever tried a bear steak skillet (Cut up chunks) and cooked in with red peppers, green peppers, onions, bacon, mushrooms all stewed up together? I bet that would be good. I do something like that with venison quite often and it is one of my favorite meals.

LOOKS YUMMY...WAS THAT THE SEXY BEAR? TENDER LIKE THE PIC!....ON A SERIOUS NOTE I HAVE TO TRY THAT RECIPE..DID YOU ADD ANY ADDITIONAL LIQUID TO THE CROCK POT?

• Like 2

Trichinosis sucks. 10 hours in the crock pot definitely gets the internal meat temperature above 165 degrees and kills those parasitic cysts! Bear meat is delicious, but it is never cooked any less than well-done in my home.