Here is another picture from the flight seeing trip. Another glacial run and I believe that is McKinley in the background. Can't quite remember.

DSCN0943.jpg

Here is another picture from the flight seeing trip. Another glacial run and I believe that is McKinley in the background. Can't quite remember.

DSCN0943.jpg

Man, is that the best you got? Must be slackin'. JK :lol: :lol: Cool picture.

Awesome Pics Christian!! Just out of sheer curiosity, what was the biggest salmon one of your clients had caught?

The largest salmon that I guided to was a 50 pound or so King Salmon. I will post the pic tomorow for everybody to see.

Here is the largest fish I guided to this last summer. This was actually my second day guiding and they caught 10 king's that weighed over 35 pounds. This guy ended up weighing right in the 50 to 55 pound range.

025a4d98.jpg

Hey Christiana.... ;) ...... I was wondering.... once the fish turn red like that is the meat still good to eat?? Someone told me once that it wasn't ..... I don't know that much about it, that is why I ask.....

PS: You can thank Kit for that new handle later.... ;) :lol: :lol: :P

Hey Christiana.... ;) ...... I was wondering.... once the fish turn red like that is the meat still good to eat?? Someone told me once that it wasn't ..... I don't know that much about it, that is why I ask.....

PS: You can thank Kit for that new handle later.... ;) :lol: :lol: :P

Most of the time that is true but in cases there are salmon that are red like this one but the meat is still firm and good. The brighter red the meat the better and in most cases the brighter chrome the fish is the brighter red the meat will be.

Is that Christiana or is that suppose to be Christina. Tell that ol' man to make sure and listen to me next time I help him on his hunts :D

Great pics of the salmon! That dark red salmon looks every bit of 50 pounds.

p.s. Nice first king. Was that about your average size? Or were most running smaller?

Great pics of the salmon! That dark red salmon looks every bit of 50 pounds.

p.s. Nice first king. Was that about your average size? Or were most running smaller?

My first king was our typical size. I averaged around 30 pounds per king. My largest king was even brighter red than the first one and about 45 pounds. I will post that pic tomorow.

Ok here is a picture of my biggest King that I caught. My client wanted me to fish with him and I had hooked up with this bad boy 3 times and my client had broken him off every time!!! So I hooked up with him a 4th time and fought him for about 40 minutes or so on 8 pound test tippet!!! I asked the client to net him when the fish was half way on shore from me pulling him up and the client missed! The fish then ran snapping my rod right above the handle. I fought the fish with my new and improved 18 inch fly rod and was able to finally land him after another 15 minutes. The fish ended up weighing around 45 pounds. He is the longest fish I caught up there and probably weighed closer to 50 pounds when he came in since he lost alot of weight from not eating once he hit fresh water.

9328badc.jpg

Ok here is a picture of my biggest King that I caught. My client wanted me to fish with him and I had hooked up with this bad boy 3 times and my client had broken him off every time!!! So I hooked up with him a 4th time and fought him for about 40 minutes or so on 8 pound test tippet!!! I asked the client to net him when the fish was half way on shore from me pulling him up and the client missed! The fish then ran snapping my rod right above the handle. I fought the fish with my new and improved 18 inch fly rod and was able to finally land him after another 15 minutes. The fish ended up weighing around 45 pounds. He is the longest fish I caught up there and probably weighed closer to 50 pounds when he came in since he lost alot of weight from not eating once he hit fresh water.

9328badc.jpg

unbelievable!!!

I cought a fish that big once, but after taking the picture my friend dropped the camera in the river and it floated downstream and we never saw it agian...... I wish.

That is a heck of a fish congrats younghunter

Alright this was my second king I ever caught. And I caught him on the very next cast after my first king! Well since this guy was a little bigger and it was a high water with some swift water along with him still being strong from being somewhat fresh it was a good fight. Fought him for about 45 minutes before I lugged him in. About 25 of those minutes he stayed hunkered down tight to the bottom in the rapids but I got him. He weighed around 35 pounds. Not bad for my first night fishing in Alaska :P

2e6b25fc.jpg