Sign in to follow this  
Crowbait

SCI double up

I had the pleasure of helping out with the SCI youth hunt this weekend. Always a good time. So far I have been able to get 4 out of 6 tags filled.

Nov wt hunt, my wife, dad and Iammac have tags in 33. Opening morning we get out and I have a buck at first light. Since IAMMAC is on his first hunt, we give him the opportunity. Fire and a miss. Shot was a little longer than needed. Buck runs off and we make our trek to where i want to be. About 8 or so I glass up 4 bucks feeding together.they are just out of range. After a little sneaking we get in position, and low an behold two bucks laying down and another standing. Not sure what happend to the bigger of 4. We get a chance at a double opening morning. Didn't happen but we did get one. IAMMAC gets his first buck. post-3073-0-34277200-1416937260.jpg

Next morning Wife gets her deer. Great.

On to SCI/Youth hunt.

Greg's son is holding tag. 36A. We hit the area i want and as day breaks we spot deer. I put horns on a little one. at that point, Christian and I take off to get his deer. After two hills we jump the deer and can't get a shot. I go over one more hill and glass up a bigger deer. cant seal the deal so we go back to truck and move around hill to get a better position. AS we work up the canyon, I glass the deer coming our way across the canyon, 218 yards. I blunt, he stops and Christain seals the deer. post-3073-0-63448700-1416937495_thumb.jpg

Back to SCI camp. Get paired with Mark and his son Ryan. We meet up the next morning. Go into a little area, and day break brings another herd. Small buck spotted. We make a move without luck. Head back to truck and IAMMAC and Christain stayed on origianl herd and found 3 bucks. Took Ryan up the road and another animal down. post-3073-0-81655800-1416937674_thumb.jpg

Two hunts, four deer and 3 are first timers. It was so cool. My hunt starts Friday on I hope i have something else to share.

• Like 1

That's awesome! How rewarding of an experience it must be to help others have their first successful hunt! Kudos to you and good luck on your hunt.

Good stuff!!!! Very awesome for the kids! AWESOME for you to be helping them out!

I was at the SCI camp in 36A/B last weekend with my son also. (He was fortunate to kill a nice 2x1 muley....) The SCI guys and helpers really know how to host a camp!! ;)

Thanks for sharing with the site!

S.

:)