josh

FIRST LION

Nice tom Josh.

This is a photo of how I'm mounting lion.

Great looking mount! Do you hava any pics from other angles?

Hey Dogman it's good to see you're still hanging around here time to time! Sorry to hear about Rusty. I'll bet you'll think about her every time you hear a bell ring. My boys will be sad that she's gone. My 6 year old boy knows all there names and still asks from time to time if Hap and Rusty and Mike and Roxy will help him tree a lion when he's 10.

I'm in the process of moving up to Prescott this weekend, so I guess we'll be neighbors...... sort of. I finally have the chance to get out of the heat and congestion of the valley. I can't wait!

Take care,

Tim

Well tell the boys that they can hunt with Red Ruby, Debi, Reno, and Little Blue. Andy has some good hounds coming so we will have plenty to hunt with! Hap will be sitting in his rocking chair by then, but maybe we will have a little hap Jr. to hunt.

Glad you can get out of the hole.

Sounds like a good plan to me! I think Red Ruby was along on our hunt last year? Wasn't she the younger white and brown dog? I think she had to stay in the kennel the day the others treed the lion because she had sore feet.

Nice tom Josh.

No, I took the photo at the Game and Fish office in Vernal, Utah when I was working up there last summer. I should be getting my mount back this week or next week and when I do I'll post a few more photos for you.

Dogman what is a GSH dog? We have been hunting with a redtick, a bluetick and a couple of redbones and they have been hunting great, its always a thrill to watch the dogs hunt.

Nice tom Josh.

No, I took the photo at the Game and Fish office in Vernal, Utah when I was working up there last summer. I should be getting my mount back this week or next week and when I do I'll post a few more photos for you.

Dogman what is a GSH dog? We have been hunting with a redtick, a bluetick and a couple of redbones and they have been hunting great, its always a thrill to watch the dogs hunt.

German Short Haired Pointer (other wise known as GSP's) :)

BTW.............. :)

Anyone lookin' for GSP's just let me know. My Folks are "bird dog people". They run a pretty cool training/boarding outfit over in Chino Valley. The deal with all breds, but GSP's are their Fav. My Mom even trains those German Blood hounds that were at the Expo. Just an FYI...... :)

Sorry, did not mean to hyjack..... :blink:

This is the one that Dan Lee is gonna do for me..............

post-3-1174626104.jpg

Like my Dad said earlier, there's not to many taxidermists that can accurately mount a lion. Especially when it comes to the face I think. Dan is one of the few that knows what the heck he's doing. IMO Here's a link to his site.

http://www.artisttouch.net/

Sounds like a good plan to me! I think Red Ruby was along on our hunt last year? Wasn't she the younger white and brown dog? I think she had to stay in the kennel the day the others treed the lion because she had sore feet.

Oh ya, Tim I think you might be thinking of Riata. Red Ruby is a young dog Dad just got after your hunt. I think that w/b dog you're thinking of was Randy B's dog and it had sore feet cause all it knew how to do was chase deer. Remember that? Hard for me to forget cause I had to chase her over that F'n mountain, to get all the dogs she took with her, back. I hate that!

That's right! I almost forgot Randy brought two dogs, Rowdy and the deer runner!

That's right! I almost forgot Randy brought two dogs, Rowdy and the deer runner!

Everybody's dog has an off day now and then. The deer runner didn't belong to Randy. It was his nephew's dog that he was trying to help him out with.

Mine have sure had some off days from time to time, that's for sure.