josh

FIRST LION

I'll tell you guys what that whole hunt I had with Randy Epperson was a blast. Youre right Josh that Hap is Unbelievable how he can work a track and get out so far ahead of everyone else. I'll have to get you guys a copy of the video, that is if I don't wear it out from watching it!

I hope to get to meet you some day Josh, youre old man is a great guy and hope to hunt with you guys in the future. That lion is going to be a life size for sure just have to figure the right place and position. The house is getting a bit filled up after the past couple of seasons.Well I'm off to get a well deserved haircut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A guide is only as good as his hunter. In this case, catching a lion for Josh was going to happen sooner or later. He toughed it out for 7 days in the heat. Due to the terrain and weather, he got to actually see what lion hunting was all about. We both learned a lot on this hunt. Congrats Josh on an "honest lion".

I'd be careful on the haircut thing though.

Dogman

Yep, that Hap is a stud! I owe the lion I shot last January to Hap, Rusty, Mike, and Roxy. Of course Randy and Josh did there part as well!

Congrats on a nice cat!!!

Here's a pic of the dogs so every one can see them. Hap is the black one on the top with Rusty right next to him, and Mike and Roxy are on the tail gate. Hopefully I got the right names with the right dogs, it's been over a year since I've seen them.

Hey if any of you guys have a full body on a lion I would love to see as many different options as possible. Thanks Josh

Hey if any of you guys have a full body on a lion I would love to see as many different options as possible. Thanks Josh

Josh,

I posted a pic of my lil' female (85lbs.+/-) on another thread about taxidermist. I am not sure which thread so I'll post a couple on here for you. Again the taxidermist is Mogollon Taxidermy... and I have to say that I have seen alot of cat mounts that have Really crappy facial features and mine looks "alive". Do your home work when you choose who is going to do the work.... look at other cats they have done. Good luck! And congrats again on a great cat!! :)

post-996-1174244932_thumb.jpg

post-996-1174245046_thumb.jpg

Here is a better pic of just the face. That other one looked like a deer in the headlights with the flash on. :blink:

post-996-1174248894_thumb.jpg

Congrats on a beautiful cat! That's awesome you got the whole experience and I'm sure you covered alot of hard miles! It makes it that much sweeter when you work hard for em'! My guys caught and killed one on Fri.............half hour from the start of the track, and a half mile from the truck.....where's the fun in that? Great job to you guys on a well deserved cat and to the pups! JIM>

Congrats on a beautiful cat! That's awesome you got the whole experience and I'm sure you covered alot of hard miles! It makes it that much sweeter when you work hard for em'! My guys caught and killed one on Fri.............half hour from the start of the track, and a half mile from the truck.....where's the fun in that? Great job to you guys on a well deserved cat and to the pups! JIM>

Half Hour, Half Mile sounds like Great fun to me :D

Way to go Josh, Nice Kitty, sounds live you deserve it

Mike

Half Hour, Half Mile sounds like Great fun to me :D

Way to go Josh, Nice Kitty, sounds live you deserve it

Mike

Yeah, that would be how I would want it to go.......half mile, half hour.......but that was the hunters first time out! He will probably never experience how hard it usually is to follow the dogs for several days and countless miles! Take em' however you get em' though ;) JIM>

Josh, here are some pictures of a mount to give you some ideas. This Mt. lion was done by Woodbury taxidermy in Ingram TX. To decide on a pose that I liked I went to a taxidermy shop and got photocopies of all the different forms offered by different companies and that gave me some good ideas. I second what coues n' sheep said, do your homework so that you will be happy with the finished product. Also, let the taxidermist know where it will fit on the wall. Mine was going to be set up pretty high and the downhill facing pose makes it fit perfect for where it was placed.

post-213-1174253238.jpg

post-213-1174253294.jpg

Josh, here are some pictures of a mount to give you some ideas. This Mt. lion was done by Woodbury taxidermy in Ingram TX. To decide on a pose that I liked I went to a taxidermy shop and got photocopies of all the different forms offered by different companies and that gave me some good ideas. I second what coues n' sheep said, do your homework so that you will be happy with the finished product. Also, let the taxidermist know where it will fit on the wall. Mine was going to be set up pretty high and the downhill facing pose makes it fit perfect for where it was placed.

post-213-1174253238.jpg

Nice trophy room!! I sure would like to see a pic of that lifesize sheep in the back ground!!! :)

man i wish i had the money to do a lifesize on my kitty! i should get my rug back real soon! im freakin excited! when i get it, ill post some pictures