Coues 'n' Sheep

Brownies

Well..... finally found some brown bone!!! :D I walked about a 2-3 hour loop on Friday and came up empty.... :( ..... My allergies were eating me up!!! :angry: Woke up Saturday morning with allergies and a cough..... fired up the truck and headed out. I unloaded my wheeler and headed up an ol' 2 track at about warp speed. After about 30 minutes of hard riding I parked the quad and started up a canyon.... busted brush for a couple hours and finally reached the point of no return..... loop back to the quad the easy way (about a mile dn hill) or spend the whole day busting the other canyons below me. By this point I could hardly catch my breath, cough was painfull and my joints felt like they were taking abuse from a ballpeen hammer.... so I wussed out and headed back. :rolleyes: I got about 300-400 yards from the wheeler and picked up a nice brown with a couple of "crown" points coming off of the top end. I circled a bit for the other side but was running out of gas so I left it for another day. Got back on the quad and headed out......

This is the "Lesson Learned" part of the day...... I get about half way back to my truck and as I round a bend in the road I see a brown laying right beside the road! (If I would not have ridden so fast on the way in I might have seen it the first time past!) :rolleyes: I parked the quad and began to circle....flat ground this time! After about thirty minutes of backtracking the bulls and and then following the direction they went, I found a second side 30 yds off of the road. I covered all the easy stuff to make sure that I did not leave any other "freebee's".... and left the other sides for the next trip in.... :( Anyhow, 3 brown made the day worth it, to me and I was back to the truck by 1pm. And as soon as I can get an allergy shot I'll get back in there! :) Here are the pics as I saw the horns..... and one of all three.

See how you are :angry:

You call my cell and leave a message about all the Trailer Trash and the woods will be packed with shed hunters so I stay in town and work on the shop all weekend :( and you sneek out there and start grabing all the bone :( I hope all the Doctors are out of allergy meds :D :lol: .

Good job Gino :) Keep up the good work, Those are some nice finds

See how you are :angry:

You call my cell and leave a message about all the Trailer Trash and the woods will be packed with shed hunters so I stay in town and work on the shop all weekend :( and you sneek out there and start grabing all the bone :( I hope all the Doctors are out of allergy meds :D :lol: .

Good job Gino :) Keep up the good work, Those are some nice finds

Trust me all the docs are out of allergy medicine. I hit up every doctor in the lower 48 because mine are so bad right now. I haven't been able to breath, hear or see properly in 10 days.

Also those are some nice sheds you got there. I wasnt able to make it up do to my allergies and work around the house. Hopefully next weekend :D

dang.........i'ts killing me seein' these pic's of brownies :angry: I have way to much goin' on to leave town and don't see anywhere in the near future allowing it either. I guess I at least get to live my shed huntin' dreams through you guys and yer' pic's! I love that shed with the extra's....great job! JIM>

ha ha nice finds buddy, but you got it wrong. . . you quad guys haul butt and leave the freebies to us slower guys. :P

I love the freaky topped one wow thats cool! the one to the far right looks like a son or grandson to the one on the right, weak 3rds and freaky long top . . . neat place to watch!

I got out yesterday for a few hours . . . found one sitting 15 feet off the road!

I got a whole week for spring break . . . me and the boys will be bouncing the jeep around!

post-1062-1174272082.jpg

NICE GINO..... NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, got my allergy shot yesterday!!!!!! :D I woke up this mornin' feeling like a brand new man!! :D Worked all day and got home about 2:30 or 3:00. Thought that since it wasn't raining I'd throw a bike on my truck go check an easy spot that I know...... Got off the highway and parked my truck, then roled the bike off. The ground was bone dry....... Got to my spot and someone decided to burn a road all the way into a nearly forgotten water hole where I have often scored on multiple sheds... :angry: . By this point it was hailing pretty good so I parked the bike and made a quick pass and a couple of circles just in case.....nothing. They were Lazy and Early..... and moved the bulls out. :angry:

So, I moved out to another ridge about a mile away where in the past I had found some really good deer sheds... Mulie and Coues. About half way down the ridge I spied a brownie! Guess the bulls moved that direction! I circled for a while with no luck. The weather was geting worse fast and the fog was setting in...... When I got back to the bike I was Soaked to the bone! The once dusty roads were now snot and my old fat cat slid all over the place. By the time she got me back to the truck she was steaming and smokin'.... I had to stop once to scrape the mud off of the tires so that I could get up to speed.... Ahhhh, the things we do for fun.... :lol: It was raining so hard when I got back to the truck I had to sit in the cab to snap the pic of my mud laddin bike. :lol: In the couple of hours that I was out there the ground when from dry to water puddles and wicked mud!! Just in time!! The grass needs water so that the Bull I intend to shoot this year grows Great Long, Massive bone on his head!!!!! :D :D

post-996-1174615256_thumb.jpg

post-996-1174615421_thumb.jpg

Nice Find. Think you guys are gonna get any snow up there this weekend?

It snowed on the mountain this evening nasty driving conditions on my way home... <_<

It's makin' me jealous seein' and hearin' about all these brownies everyone is finding, wish I could make it up there! Thanks for the pic's CnS! JIM>

Nice Find. Think you guys are gonna get any snow up there this weekend?

It snowed on the mountain this evening nasty driving conditions on my way home... <_<

what part of the state do you live in?mike

You know Gino -if I still lived up there and not down here in the crap hole there would not be ANY

brown bone for you to pick up cuz I would have em all. :o :o

:P :P :lol: :lol:

You know Gino -if I still lived up there and not down here in the crap hole there would not be ANY

brown bone for you to pick up cuz I would have em all. :o :o

:P :P :lol: :lol:

You have a hard enough time finding brown bone when it is attached to an 800 lb animal that you are hunting.... :rolleyes: .... much less laying on the ground all by itself! :lol: :lol: :P :lol: :lol: You don't scare me..... other wise you would climb behind the wheel of your ranger and pick up all these horns!! :lol: :lol:

;) Gotcha! :P :lol: