Sign in to follow this  
sherman

2014 buck done (updated)

So I have always mounted my own antlers. This year I thought I would try something different for myself a European mount with the help from hoghntr I got mine done and think it looks good what do you think? I have 2 more to do so will add pictures as I finish thempost-5984-0-54457300-1418955936_thumb.jpgpost-5984-0-33756600-1418956022_thumb.jpg

Got #2 done this is my friends deerpost-5984-0-50025800-1420138594_thumb.jpgpost-5984-0-47608100-1420138675_thumb.jpg

He just told me how to clean them. He is a good friend but I would not ask him to drive 3 hours to clean a skull. But he gave good instructions

Yes sir i did. It is kind of like my own tribute to the great deer we hunt in this state

Nice! I noticed that they're all from the same template but different woods. Good idea and looks great. I had my first big game animal, a 5x5 elk, mounted on a state shaped oak plaque-just the antlers. Thanks for the reply.

It was very time consuming but I think it was worth it. I probably will stick with this method

Some nice looking work. Next time I shoot one that doesn't rate a shoulder mount, I may have to give that a shot. Kinda makes me sorry I didn't keep the antlers off my forky from last year.

Some nice looking work. Next time I shoot one that doesn't rate a shoulder mount, I may have to give that a shot. Kinda makes me sorry I didn't keep the antlers off my forky from last year.

I tried it out on this on because if i messed it up it would make me mad but i would not be heart broken but if i messed up a bigger one i would be pissed. So i used it as a learning experience. And i am not into shoulder mounts

I tried it out on this on because if i messed it up it would make me mad but i would not be heart broken but if i messed up a bigger one i would be pissed. So i used it as a learning experience. And i am not into shoulder mounts

I like the shoulder mounts myself, but have a shortage of space plus the wife is not a fan of 'living in a wildlife museum' so im banned from mounting any more. These euro mounts look like a nice option to hang over the desk though without taking up a lot of room. I like it. Nice work.