My dog Toego known for keeping cats away amoung other things.

Alright.... I'll will make a spectacle of my old guy..... Gunner is a 13yrs old GSP. I have owned him since he was 8 weeks old, but he spent most of his life on the trial circuits with my Dad. He has always been too big of a runner to hunt over, he is from excellent trial stock from Texas. He got to come home for good a few years ago..... and to a life of leisure.....aaah, retirement has been good to him. However, he has always had this thing that sets him apart from any other dog you have ever seen...... BALLS......like a BULL!! People laugh and point as they walk past my house..... People who come to my house for the first time all eventually notice.... and comment...for 30 minutes! :rolleyes: He is a true conversational piece. People ask why don't you cut them off!!! And I say.... "Cut them off?!!!? If you had a set like that would you want me to 'cut them off'??" As an old man it is the only thing of pride he has left..... his physical appearance has fadded a bit, his once blinding speed is now shadow of what it once was.... all he has left is his charming personallity and that big ol' sack of marbles! :blink: :lol:

Without further interruption....... My old Gunner Dog!!! :D

Well..... I lost my Gunner Dog to old age this last month.... :(..... and I even had to shed a few tears. He took his morning nap out in the dirt spot and never woke up. That morning I left for work and he was stand there looking god awful sad at me.... and I said to him, " Your lookin' awfully dang pittiful this mornin' old Fella...." and drove away.... he was layin' in the exact spot he was standin' when I stopped by for lunch.... he musta passed minutes after he lay down to nap....

So.... the living Legend, Sir Balls Allot is no longer and I will miss him.

(Anyone who missed pics of him can find them in this post starting on page 1.)

sorry to hear that bud... losing a good dog is an awful feeling.. my condolences to you.. But, look at it on the bright side.. he lived a long and productive life and had a blast with you the entire time!! 13 years as a bird dog is quite a feat.. Here's to the Old Man.. RIP.

dang Gino, very sad stuff.......got me all worked up thinking about my Ol' dog Zeus.....very similar scenarios. Like Scottyboy mentioned....he lived a very long life and you gave him a loving home! Take care, JIM>

Wow Gino what a bummer............. Sorry for your loss bro.

Thanks everyone.... I know you guys have all been there, too. I am glad that he went the way he did, and kinda relieved that he is gone...... I was expecting him to go to the Happy Hunting Grounds for some time, he had a great last 12 months, but a really rough 12 months before that. He was a Bad A$$ dog and I am glad that he was mine, but all good things come to an end. That dog saw a lot of miles in his life... he was not wasted in some back yard... And he was one helluva conversational piece! :rolleyes: :D

Thanks again, for remembering my ol' Boy with me.

RIP old friend.......

Oh man :( so sorry to hear of your loss. I just knew when I saw the post reappear something happened to Gunner. Glad you have good memories of him. He sure made my day back when he appeared on the post awhile back. Thanx for giving us the opportunity to "meet" him. Go get'em Gunner!

Ernest

Sorry to hear about your loss. After that many years, it is DEFINATELY like losing a family member!

All our best to you and yours! jimmya