Sign in to follow this  
samuel2891

what do u prefer

When u locate your deer couse, mulie etc. Do u prefer to wacth him to his bed befor u stalk. Or you prefer to stalk him while he chaseing does, eating etc.

Just depends. For me every encounter is different. And when there's does its a crapshoot.

If I had my choice I'd have him bedded. Or feeding toward me...broad side.lol

If you have a hunting partner, I'd move in as soon as you see the buck... Use radio communication. If he is rutting, cruising or chasing does, you don't know what he will end up doing.

I can remember one time watching a good mule deer buck chasing around a doe. They were headed up into a draw so I went and positioned where I figured they'd end up getting to. After getting there i was able to watch them head up closer to where I was. Then, for no rhyme or reason, that buck just did a 180 and completely left the country. The rest of the herd just kept coming towards me.

When they're rutting, it's hard to say exactly what they're gonna do. Every situation is different. I guess see what the situation is and assess it....

It all depends on the situation...terrain, time of day, other deer in the group, rifle or archery, which rifle I have in my hand at the time (if rifle hunting), etc. In general, if I am going to move on a deer bedded or feeding, I try to put a ridge between us. If archery hunting, I usually watch them bed then make a move.

Well the morning of last saturday I saw a really nice buck bout 1000 yards or so I got all my gear ready and I set on my way to get closer I could of just stayed wher I was and watched him but I was faceing east and he was feeding north on a hill side the small side so longer side of the hill was facing north and south. So if I would have stayed wher I was he was going to go over the mountain wher I couldnt see him at all so as I got closer and closer to look over the mountain he was gone just vanished but I lived it and I will learn

I am still new to archery hunting myself. I have found that bedding them down is the best way to close the distance. Another good thing is when they are feeding in a certain area. Most of the time I have seen them stay in one relative area when they are feeding.

Its hard to judge a wild animal they can do what they please

But u know if hunting was easy it would just be called shooting.

• Like 1

If i have a little time on my side, id much rather sit an ambush. Much better odds of getting a close quarters shot at relaxed game. You will see less animals than you would working the binos, but you'll get a much closer look at the ones you do see and you'll get higher percentage shot opportunities.