Sign in to follow this  
bhuntin

death in the canyon

Anyone here ever read death in the canyon? It documents all of the known fatalities in the grand canyon complex.I couldn't put it down and it was a long read.Purchased it in Tusayan when up in 9 hunting and have passed it on to a friend.

• Like 1

I've read it, own a copy. I was the same way, once I started I had to finish.

• Like 2

Guest 300ultramag.

When your buddy is done with the book.... Id be up for a good read as well if you dont mind sharing the wealth..

January can get cold and boring in the tree stand..

• Like 2

I picked up a copy at the jacob lake visitor center this year. Only read a few stories but it was pretty interesting. Id like to finish it but frankly am not sure where the heck it is now that i moved....

• Like 2

I got to work the Galahad Fire in the Park this year and we were on their radio network, surprised at the number of injuries and flights made for the tourists, seemed like every day they were flying someone out of the bottom of the canyon. The EMS folks sure stay busy there during the summer.

• Like 1

I've read it. I actually know one of the Boy Scouts that saw the man Jump off Havause Falls ( swan dive) came up and staggered around. The scouts pulled him out and then he died. He said they just pulled him to a shaded area and went to bed that night. Somebody had to hike out to get authority's.

• Like 1