Sign in to follow this  
azelkhunter69

Spotting Scopes

Have decided I would like to get myself a nice spotting scope. I know they are nice, but I can't bring myself to spend $2k+ for a Swarovski. I have narrowed it down to the Vortex Viper 20-60 80mm or the Leupold Kanai 25-60 80mm. I have read the reviews and people love both. I would like some opinions from people on here that have had experience with one or both. Thanks for the info in advance.

Wait and buy a used Swarovski. You can find them for $1400-$1800. You will never regret it!!!!

Adam

A Nikon ED Field scope blows away the 2 you mentioned.......look at a birding reviews (they are the harshest) on the 80MM's. It's probably also darn close to the "non" HD Swaro too.

Remember, all optics work differently with different human eyes. Same reason some wear contacts, glasses, or have 20-20 (all different)......buy what works for YOU & not what someone talked you into. Good luck......buying new gear is always great!!

• Like 2

I would try and locate a Nikon Ed82. Better picture than both scopes, super bright and will fall in your price range.

A Nikon ED Field scope blows away the 2 you mentioned.......look at a birding reviews (they are the harshest) on the 80MM's. It's probably also darn close to the "non" HD Swaro too.

Remember, all optics work differently with different human eyes. Same reason some wear contacts, glasses, or have 20-20 (all different)......buy what works for YOU & not what someone talked you into. Good luck......buying new gear is always great!!

This is great advice.