Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

State trust land

The wife and I are doing some metro hunting and im a bit confused. I see all these signs that say no trespassing state trust land access point at mp207 blah blah blah. A hunting license and valid tag is our permission right? There are no signs that say no hunting.

No target shooting. If you are actively hunting you are good, your license is your permit. Good luck.

I wish the clowns that target shoot in some areas would realize that. They probably don't contribute a penny to the environment!!! It's gated access.... it says no trespassing.... so that must mean its OK to go litter in the desert and shoot a centerfire rifle for fun across the flats hoping it won't hit anyone!

on another note. If it says "no shooting" that just means no target shooting as well correct? This is on state trust, but there aren't any gates as its an access road to some houses a few mile up the desert mountains. it doesn't have any of the no trespassing signs either. Just a random no shooting sign.

No target shooting. If you are actively hunting you are good, your license is your permit. Good luck.

I wish the clowns that target shoot in some areas would realize that. They probably don't contribute a penny to the environment!!! It's gated access.... it says no trespassing.... so that must mean its OK to go litter in the desert and shoot a centerfire rifle for fun across the flats hoping it won't hit anyone!

on another note. If it says "no shooting" that just means no target shooting as well correct? This is on state trust, but there aren't any gates as its an access road to some houses a few mile up the desert mountains. it doesn't have any of the no trespassing signs either. Just a random no shooting sign.

im not sure where you are at, some areas in north phx have been annexed by peoria and phx, so you may need to deal with city limits. Not sure.

• Like 1

A lot of the metro unit state trust lands have locked gates and signs saying "closed to all motor vehicles" for soil conservation efforts. I hiked back into the metro areas the other day, as I was paranoid about the no motor vehicle signs.

5guys. These areas are annexed and are in city limits. So hunting only discharge of firearms laws would still apply. But seems like no one follows. My daughter and I picked up a bag of trash. There was plenty more. But we weren't there to clean up people's messes l. Showing her the ropes to respecting what we are given.

• Like 1

5guys. These areas are annexed and are in city limits. So hunting only discharge of firearms laws would still apply. But seems like no one follows. My daughter and I picked up a bag of trash. There was plenty more. But we weren't there to clean up people's messes l. Showing her the ropes to respecting what we are given.

Awesome you cleaned up, I find my self cleaning up camp sites all the time these days. We dont even leave bones from our filled tags, we pick them up and find a discrete spot for them. Happy hunting.

• Like 1

Out in the east valley. Hunting that little wedge in gold canyon and maybe the flats heading towards Florence.

Be aware of homeless individuals and camps at waterholes in the areas you mentioned.

• Like 1

Precisely why I was trying to find a buddy to go metro pig hunting with me! (my wife was home sick)

If you have a tag for 2015 hit me up. Im going out Thursday morning.