Sign in to follow this  
azcouesandelk

Arrow Weight

check out the Muzzy MX-3 and 4 as well as the Montec G5, it is one piece design, so no blades to break off.

I have tried shooting the Muzzy MX-3 and it shot the same as my regular muzzy 3 blade. My groupings would open signifacantly and the grouping would be low and right. Not to impressed with the muzzy'a at all.

well ya cant expect a fixed blade broadhead to fly the same as field tips, just aint gonna happen. the muzzy 3 blades shot well out of my bow as they had the same basic POI. also, did ya spin test em?

i have never shot the montecs, but a good buddy does and he likes em.

My Muzzy 3-blades grouped well and shot well out of my bow. I am not happy with their penetration....just ask Mr. Elk who is still running around with a sore shoulder from last year <_<

I have tried shooting the Muzzy MX-3 and it shot the same as my regular muzzy 3 blade. My groupings would open signifacantly and the grouping would be low and right. Not to impressed with the muzzy'a at all.

I have shot the regular muzzy 100gr. 4 blades and they shoot quite well very close to the same point of impact as a field tip. I also had trouble with the MX-4's, my groups opened up quite a bit.

I shoot Wac ems now. They fly exactly with my field points and group very well. I can't wait to try their 4 blade model if I can ever find some.

well ya cant expect a fixed blade broadhead to fly the same as field tips, just aint gonna happen. the muzzy 3 blades shot well out of my bow as they had the same basic POI. also, did ya spin test em?

If you read all the reviews about slick tricks and most of the reviews from wac ems actually they all fly just like field tips. I have some slick tricks on order and plan to do a review on them.

If you read all the reviews about slick tricks and most of the reviews from wac ems actually they all fly just like field tips. I have some slick tricks on order and plan to do a review on them.

I've been shooting for about 15 years now & have yet to see any fixed blade head that will fly "just like" a field tip. They'll group with your field points as long as the arrows are leaving your bow in a straight line and not fish tailing from poor tuning and/or torquing. You can also get crappy broadhead flight from shooting under spined arrows that flex excessively during flight & cause planing. The trick to the new heads they're making is that they're all coming out with shorter ferrules & thicker, more compact blade designs that have less surface area, there by presenting less wind resistance and planing to a lesser degree during flight. I've been shooting the NAP Nitrons for the last 2 years & they group right with my field points w/out paper tuning. I set the center shot & squared the nock point & got good flight w/ no screwing around. If you're going to do a review, make part of that review setting your arrow rest about 1/8 off of center & do some shooting. You'll most likely see those heads that are supposed to shoot like field points end up grouping well to the side of your field points.

On a side note, I switched to some heavier arrows yesterday to try to quiet my bow down a little & have to say that it made a significant difference. I don't have a decible meter, but that extra 40 grains sure sounds quieter. Went from about 5.7 grains/lb to 6.4 grains/lb. Guess that no matter how much rubber crap you put on your bow, there's still no substitute for shooting an arrow of decent weight.

i looked over the wac ems today on cabelas sight, i do think they are good looking broadheads. cut on contact head, all reports say they fly true, wide blades. they look interesting and i think i may have to give them a try!

i looked over the wac ems today on cabelas sight, i do think they are good looking broadheads. cut on contact head, all reports say they fly true, wide blades. they look interesting and i think i may have to give them a try!

I think you will be pleased with what you find out when you test them. The short head gives the same spine and foc as a field tip. The cut on contact more than makes up for the shortness. It is a good balance of size, demension and design that produces excellent arrow flight. You made a very important comment before about spinning your arrows to make sure the broadhead is true. If you have the time, do a test where you shoot 3 true broadheads numbered 1,2,3 and 3 that wobble when you spin them numbered 4,5,6. Shoot each broadhead 10 times each charting each group. You can try this same test between different styles and types of broadheads. If you find one that flys better and groups better than a wac em, let me know please!!!

I think you will be pleased with what you find out when you test them. The short head gives the same spine and foc as a field tip. The cut on contact more than makes up for the shortness. It is a good balance of size, demension and design that produces excellent arrow flight. You made a very important comment before about spinning your arrows to make sure the broadhead is true. If you have the time, do a test where you shoot 3 true broadheads numbered 1,2,3 and 3 that wobble when you spin them numbered 4,5,6. Shoot each broadhead 10 times each charting each group. You can try this same test between different styles and types of broadheads. If you find one that flys better and groups better than a wac em, let me know please!!!

From what I have heard the slick tricks are just as good if not better and they have 4 blades so you get some extra cuts in there.

I will be in 7W archery bull this year, I shoot a Hoyt Ultratec 68 lbs 125 gr magnus ss total arrow weight 460 gr. My arrow speed is 273 fps. I agree with everyone else, shoot what works for you.