Coues 'n' Sheep

Bye Bye Dish Network!!

I got rid of Direct TV 2 years ago, best choice I ever made. $50 less a month and all I need is hunting shows and kids shows for the kids. My Roku and Netflix covers our bases.

The Roku has a lot of hunting stuff on it btw.

Thats me too. Cancelled my dish service after about 1/2 the contract and have never missed It for a single minute. I watch Netflix roku and youtube from the internet tv thing and dont need anything else.

We don't get cable and high speed internet out here, heck half the time I cant even make a phone call. Neighbor has Comcast satellite but it's temperamental at best

Only good thing from all this, my blood pressure is normalizing not watching those jerks in WA, D.C..

I've got a digital antenna for my tv (around $20) and now I can get channel 4.

In case Directv /4 problem isn't resolved in time for playoffs or Super Bowl.

I'm curious about this ROKU if it has hunting shows. I've never heard of it. Is it like a Netflix and Hulu kind of thing.

If you have wireless internet in your house you just buy the Roku box, plug it in to your tv and connect to your network. They have a selection of free channels you can watch and also some you can pay to subscribe to. I just watch the free ones. If you have a netflix subscription you can also watch netflix on your Roku. The little box is pretty cheap. I think we got ours for $50-70 at target. Can't really remember exactly how much. They've added new channels too as it seems to be getting more popular.

Well we have Direct! The guide is a bit of a pain to get used to after 8 years of Dish... but we have Fox! Thank you Kevin for making it so easy on us and for following up to make sure all our expectations were met!

If you’re a fan of the Fox News Channel but also have Dish network as your satellite provider, you haven’t been a happy camper lately.

Dish Network dropped Fox News and its sister network Fox Business Channel at the end of last year and the network still remains blacked out for Dish’s 14 million subscribers.

Dish Network claims that they dropped the nation’s number one cable news network because of a contract dispute. Fox News disagrees, claiming that the move is an effort by Dish Network to censor their content.

While it’s not entirely clear who’s in the right in this matter, digging into the background of Dish Network’s founder and chairman Charles Ergen may help to illuminate why animosity between Dish and FNC has reached such epic proportions.

As it turns out, Charles Ergen is a big-time donor to the Democratic Party. According to Open Secrets, Ergen donated a total of $64,000 to the Democratic Senatorial campaign Committee in 2014.

In the 2014 cycle Ergen gave almost exclusively to Democratic candidates particularly to endangered Senate Democrats including Kay Hagen(NC), Mark Pryor (ARK.), Mark Warner (Va) and Mark Begich (Alaska).

Of course, Mr. Ergen’s generosity to the Democratic Party in the last cycle does not necessarily mean that he is targeting Fox News due to a disagreement with the network’s content.

But, Ergen may have a history of abusing his position of power to promote his political preferences.

In 2012, a federal complaint was filed against Ergen in which several company executives alleged that he had intimidated them into making contributions to specific candidates, the majority of which were Democrats.

The claim was filed by an unnamed company insider who accused Ergen of "forcing" Dish Network’s Chief Operating Officer Bernard Han to donate to a Democratic Party candidate in the 2009/2010 election cycle.

The complaint also claimed that Han was “encouraged" to attend Democratic functions and fundraisers and that other Dish employees were strong-armed by Ergen in a similar way.

According to the insider, Ergen insinuated to Han that he would still have his job if he declined to make the contribution, but would suffer consequences if he refused.

At this point, it is unclear as to whether the Federal Elections Commission has opened an investigation into the allegations.

Wow did I miss the post about antennas? Free tv unless you live in the sticks. I live in Wickenburg and get all local channels HD for free. Steal your friends Netflix password and you are set. But then again I could give a sh!t about sportscenter, football or any other thing that pays uneducated people millions of dollars for minutes of work. $50 dollar antenna game over.

• Like 1