Azlongears

Touch and Go on the Kaibab......

Awesome pic's! Congrats to you guys and your pups! My Bro-n-law and friends were up there also...I think they ran into you guys?......they said it was amazing how many cats are runnin' around. They trailed several but never caught any.......heard it was hot! Congrats again guys! JIM>

Awesome pic's! Congrats to you guys and your pups! My Bro-n-law and friends were up there also...I think they ran into you guys?......they said it was amazing how many cats are runnin' around. They trailed several but never caught any.......heard it was hot! Congrats again guys! JIM>

Tell them I am sorry about almost running over them in the road. We had a dog out and were trying to get to him before dark.

We only saw two tracks the whole trip but the Kaibab is the only place you can go and see 10 mule deer in a day so it was nice! ha ha

The bugs were terrible though.

Was your brother in law in a new white dodge with real nice aluminum dog boxes, plus a guy following in a toyota tacoma?

Tell them I am sorry about almost running over them in the road. We had a dog out and were trying to get to him before dark.

We only saw two tracks the whole trip but the Kaibab is the only place you can go and see 10 mule deer in a day so it was nice! ha ha

Was your brother in law in a new white dodge with real nice aluminum dog boxes, plus a guy following in a toyota tacoma?

Yeah, I'll claim the guy in the Tacoma.......as for the guy in the Dodge.....well............ :unsure: ;) My Bro-n-law was driving the Tacoma. JIM>

Yeah, I'll claim the guy in the Tacoma.......as for the guy in the Dodge.....well............ :unsure: ;) My Bro-n-law was driving the Tacoma. JIM>

Bah HaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!! Chicken!!!!! I'm gunna tell!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Hey....I put a smiling/wink face in there to show I was just kidding......sort of.... :P

Hey....I put a smiling/wink face in there to show I was just kidding......sort of.... :P

The part of the story Andy left out------he walked this 8" ledge for 30' with 200+ feet of air below him to rescue the dog. He risked his neck to save old Hap. Hunting buddies like that are hard to come by.

Then yesterday he takes Hap and Mike and some other hounds down to Tucson and catches a big mean tom.

Randy & Andy...... Those are AWESOME pics!!!! What a Day! Too, bad you did't get to smoke that nice Kitty Cat..... That, Hap is one Bad A$$ dog! I'd a shot the cat just to be sure he didn't get the dog..... :blink: :D Anyhow, alls well that ends well. :D Thanks for sharing...... That last pick is one that needs to be Copy Righted..... it is a dandy! ;)

The part Andy left out-----he walked that 8" ledge for 30' with 200' of air below him to rescue ole Hap. We had 7 hounds hung up on that bluff and Andy was able to tie every one of them in a safe place.

There was no reason to kill the lion. Anyway if we had shot him, he would have fallen to the bottom of Marble Canyon and we wouldn't have been able to retrieve him.

Hard to find hunting buddies as dedicated and ethical as Andy Knowlton. He doesn't care about killing stuff just to say, "look at me". It's all about the dogs and the chase. Pretty rare these days when you see what some hunters pull.

Congrats on catching the lion and getting such great pictures!! That is really some awesome country that you all were hunting.

Andy, I hope you got some pics of the tom you caught down by Tucson to show us.

Thanks for the pic's and story, sounds like a real adventure! I've said it before and I'll say it again... Hap is a STUD!!!

Hap does a good job when things are right for him. The others all do their part and make it possible for him to do what we call, "his Michael Jordan thing"

Hap does a good job when things are right for him. The others all do their part and make it possible for him to do what we call, "his Michael Jordan thing"

It has to be the GSP running through his veins!!!! :D He is a Celebrity on the World Wide Web now! :lol: :lol:

It has to be the GSP running through his veins!!!! :D He is a Celebrity on the World Wide Web now! :lol: :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ole Hap on the Ed Sullivan show. He is a really fun dog.