Diamondback...

Rattlersskull.jpg

Blacktails...

RattlerBlacktail.jpg

Rattlerblacktail2.jpg

RattlerBlacktail5.jpg

Az Black...

RattlerAZBLack1.jpg

I'm sorry, guys. I know it is politically incorrect and I fully expect to be called ignorant and uncaring, but I detest all snakes and find nothing interesting or enjoyable in being near or observing them. I have had many encounters with rattlesnakes in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, and have come across green and black mambas, spitting cobras, pythons, puff adders, and a gaboon viper in 22 trips to Africa. If there were a vote to exterminate every poisonous species on the planet, I'd vote early and often, and work to get that issue passed. I have stepped on rattlesnakes and been threatened by them too many times to talk about it. We've found them in our yard in Tucson, but the final straw came last year when my wife came mere inches from being bitten at a townhouse we own in Green Valley when she leaned down to pick up something that bast@rd was hiding under. Bill Quimby

I heartily agree!

Thousands of people die every year in Africa, India, and Asia, from snakebites that are exponentially more toxic than what we have here in the states.

The Black Mamba, one of the most feared snakes in sub-saharan Africa can kill you in as little as 20 minutes. Although it usually takes 4-6 hours. Without immediate medical attention and anti venom, mortality rates are 100%

Six pages! Lol, keep 'em coming gents. Mr. Quimby it's understandable, some people just don't like snakes. I do have to admit some of those Mohave pix give me the willies... aggressive son of a guns.

I'm with some of the other guys on this one, my shots are dead snakes. Great post and good pics, to each his own I guess. I could post pics, but im sorry their dead.

I doubt that there would be more packrats over the long term if every venomous reptile on Earth suddenly became extinct. As Aristotle said, nature abhors a vacuum. There are non-poisonous species that would step up to control rodent populations.

Bill Quimby

I used to own some property in Sahuarita, just down the road from a couple other members here. It was just over 10 years ago, I was building a wood fence on one side of the house. I had a pile of cedar fencing on the ground. All day I was rummaging in that pile. with no sound from the rattlesnake lying underneath. When I lifted up that last board .....WHAM......that snake struck at my hand.It's head actually glanced off the side. I took my vengeance out on that snake with a flat bladed shovel. It was about three and a half feet long and had a black and white tail. Rattles about 2 inches long.

I understand some people do not like snakes. What I don't understand is why those people who do not like snakes, even seeing one, are looking at this thread???

I wouldn't go look at a thread titled "Naked Hippies Hugging Fluffy Bunnies".....or......."This Is A First (Naked Old Man Hiking By My Trail Cam)" Thanks for leaving that last part out to warn us...... :blink:

• Like 1

I love snakes, especially rattlers! Something about the sound they make puts a smile on my face. I usually try to handle the non-venomous snakes, lizards, and turantulas that I find. Some of these pictures are frame worthy, keep them coming!