Sign in to follow this  
mattys281

Got my 2014 Archery Deer Back!

I apologize for the crappy pictures. I hung him on the wall first, then took pictures, not accounting for how crappy the light is in the stairwell.... ohh well, too late now.

Anyhow, I'm certainly no expert, but I think the taxi did a helluva a job for it being an old scraped up deer with a crappy august cape, and the velvet came out incredibly well. I've never had a fuzzy mount before, so I really didn't know what to expect. Overall, the deer looks exactly like he did in the field. A memory well preserved & I couldn't be happier.

On a side note, the taxi also told me that this guys back teeth were very cupped out and worn to the point that he figured he probably didn't have more than a year or two left. Better to have him on my wall than in a wolf or coyotes belly! :D

post-1431-0-42281300-1423949132_thumb.jpg

post-1431-0-83834200-1423949141_thumb.jpg

post-1431-0-92065300-1423949150_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Great buck! Though much larger he looks similar to the hard horn buck next to him. They from the same vicinity?

Nice buck congrats.

Great buck! Though much larger he looks similar to the hard horn buck next to him. They from the same vicinity?

Thanks. He's a 27 buck & the little guy's a 24b buck. I actually hadn't even planned on mounting that little guy, but when I skinned him out & laid his head down, it looked so pretty sitting on the grass I had to go for it. He was my first coues anyway, so also a good memory I'm glad I kept.

Awesome trophy, looks great. Congratulations on getting him up on your wall.

Beautiful buck. Congrats and a great mount

Sweet wall! I really like your velvet buck especially his right side. To me that side screams coues. I love antlers that look like that. Congrats!

Great buck! Love it! The trip to SF Paul is a bonus entertainment trip to the Taxi!

AZP&Y

Great buck! Love it! The trip to SF Paul is a bonus entertainment trip to the Taxi!

AZP&Y

No doubt! He's a good guy and does great work. I'm going to be heading back over to him pretty soon to have my mule deer cleaned & touched up.