Sign in to follow this  
SPOTnSTALKer

Expired

I didnt think you had to be a sponsor to sell something in the classifieds? When did that start?

The point of the classified section is for individuals to sell/trade things. (The item has apparently already been sold and removed, so I don't know what the sale was for.) Generally, if it is 'personal' stuff it's OK. If it is someone advertising or selling something that is 'commercial', that would tend to cross the fuzzy line. There is also a judgment call regarding the goods/services though, in that if the goods or services would be in direct competition with someone who IS advertising their goods on this site, then we would want them to become an advertiser to keep it fair to those who are in fact paying.

S.

:)

• Like 1

I didnt think you had to be a sponsor to sell something in the classifieds? When did that start?

The point of the classified section is for individuals to sell/trade things. (The item has apparently already been sold and removed, so I don't know what the sale was for.) Generally, if it is 'personal' stuff it's OK. If it is someone advertising or selling something that is 'commercial', that would tend to cross the fuzzy line. There is also a judgment call regarding the goods/services though, in that if the goods or services would be in direct competition with someone who IS advertising their goods on this site, then we would want them to become an advertiser to keep it fair to those who are in fact paying.

S.

Stanley: thanks for the information. For the sake of discussion, where does a 'start up' guy who's fabbing stuff at home as a hobby fall in here? I know theres some guys making bear boxes and other welded goodies and I myself have played around and sold a couple stabilizer offsets I machined on here before. I guess its probably best to email and ask first when dealing with something thats new product for resale.

S.

Stanley: thanks for the information. For the sake of discussion, where does a 'start up' guy who's fabbing stuff at home as a hobby fall in here? I know theres some guys making bear boxes and other welded goodies and I myself have played around and sold a couple stabilizer offsets I machined on here before. I guess its probably best to email and ask first when dealing with something thats new product for resale.

I think that is where the 'fuzzy' line comes in..... I think that if it's someone pursuing a hobby, and it's fairly obvious that is what it is then it usually is not a problem. Again though, if there is someone who has paid to advertise and is in competition with the 'hobbyist', it tends to cross that line.

I think you nailed it in your final point though. If there is a question, it is always best to e-mail Amanda ahead of time to see what she says.

S.