maximus

san carlos

A frienf of mine is going to buy a tag for the san carlos and is looking for a guide there if you guys know or can recommend somebody.

please let me know.

thank you.

Not to hi-jack but does Anyone know How the requirement for a guide work?

Not to hi-jack but does Anyone know How the requirement for a guide work?

I am not sure if you are asking about what requirements there are for hiring a guide or if you are asking what the requirements are to become a guide out there....but here are some answers....

Not all hunts on the San Carlos require a guide, but you can find out which ones require a guide by visiting their website pr call the dept and ask:

http://www.scatrecreation.org/

Tribal guides on San Carlos are required to attend a guide school put on by the San Carlos Recreation and Wildlife Department. The guide school is usually an all-day class where several different courses are taught on things like the game laws, business practices, first aid, scoring and judging trophies. I have frequently taught the scoring class. Every few years guides have to attend a refresher course too.

• Like 2

Thank you for the reply. I noticed a quick sentence on one of the pages, its a maze of info, that said you must hire a guide, if drawn. I was just curious how rigid that requirement will be. Seems like there are more tags then guides on the SC.

Thank you for the reply. I noticed a quick sentence on one of the pages, its a maze of info, that said you must hire a guide, if drawn. I was just curious how rigid that requirement will be. Seems like there are more tags then guides on the SC.

Indeed there are more tags than guides....most hunts do not require a guide....but the high-end trophy hunts for elk and sheep and some for coues do require a guide. And a guide is usually required for any hunt in Unit D. Best to call and ask the department for requirements for whatever specific hunt you are interested in.

• Like 1

I believe for the Jan coues tag. The removed the requirement for a guide for all units except R-100

• Like 1