Sign in to follow this  
NM_Norteno

Fly Fishing New Mexico in the winter

Hello, I own The Reel Life fly shop in Santa Fe NM. Thought I would share some pics of some guide trips from this fall and winter. If you are ever up in New Mexico look us up.

Tight Lines,

Ivan

post-13028-0-57335400-1424722972_thumb.jpg

post-13028-0-59345800-1424723162_thumb.jpg

post-13028-0-67536200-1424723192_thumb.jpg

post-13028-0-65762800-1424724820_thumb.jpg

post-13028-0-00206600-1424724859_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I love the pictures and info! FYI, if your going to advertise your buisness on CW you must become a sponsor. I know myself and several other fly fisherman would love to see you become a sponsor. I know you would definately benefit being a sponsor of CW. We have a lot of great members!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Ivan,

Thanks for your post. I edited it so it's not so commercial and I can give you more info on becoming a sponsor if you like.

Thank you Amanda

This is one of the biggest pike I have ever seen come from the Rio Grande!

WOW! Nevfer fished the Rio Grande. Is the pike fishing pretty good there? That's an Awesome fish!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of the biggest pike I have ever seen come from the Rio Grande!

WOW! Nevfer fished the Rio Grande. Is the pike fishing pretty good there? That's an Awesome fish!!!!!!!!!!

You have to work for them. However there are some big ones in there. This one was caught 3 days ago. Rio Grande is also great for trout and smallies as well.

This reminds me of a story from my buddy in college. He owned an old Harley and had it pieced together with chicken wire and extension cords. He would take it to the local motor cycle shop and he found that if he took his girlfriend or any of his other female friends the guys at the shop would never charge him. He never told the girls that detail, but would always invite them to come.

As long as Ivan keeps posting pics of those sexy fish I am not going to give him a hard time about being a sponsor. :)

• Like 3

I'll stop by sometime but I grew up in SF so don't go very often. My regret is I lived in Farmington for four years and never hit the San Juan.

The new fish structure at the San Juan looks like it's doing well. Will be there in April. :)

TJ

The San Juan has been fishing good. Simon canyon flooded last fall and that section of the lower river has a lot of silt in it. Hoping for a big spring release!

• Like 1