capoeirajosh

Bartlett crappie?

Any crappie reports from Bartlett as of yet? Thinking of heading out this coming week.

Bartlett was going good about a month ago and then reports dropped off a bit. Alamo was the place to be the last two weeks. Now it is rising so fast after the storm the bite will take some time to go back to normal. Bartlett is getting 3,000 cfs from Horseshoe right now so that will mess with them finicky little bastards there too.

Check out azcrappie.com if you haven't already. Tight lines and soft hook sets!

Thanks guys! Gonna head over and give it a try tonight! I'll let ya know how we do.

Lake is coming up 4ft/day with the 3000 cfs releases, just fyi. If it were me I'd fish somewhere else. The bite is going to be shut down IMO!

If you do go be safe and steer clear of the area upriver.

post-3844-0-64105200-1425586683_thumb.jpg

I'm going to Apache Saturday, I'll post a report if anyone is interested.

Brian

Sure hope Alamo fills up.it will be epic there the next few years if all that brush gets flooded. Haven't been to Barrlett in many years. Good luck, I love catching slab crappie.

Peg and I will be on Saguaro in the morning. It might be a bit early for bluegills but hoping to pick up a few bass. Good luck everyone. :)

TJ

I'm going to Apache Saturday, I'll post a report if anyone is interested.

Brian

Are you kidding me? :o Can't wait to see how you do Brian. My plans are to be on Apache sometime in the next few weeks.

TJ

I'll be hitting up Canyon Saturday, I'll let you know how I do.

I will be at Apache in a few weeks! Should be a good time on the water!

• Like 1

Awesome, I look forward to all your reports. I almost made a comment earlier, Sag, Canyon, Apache, should be ready to go as they haven't had the influx of new water and it has generally been warm, early. I don't expect a great crappie bite at Alamo just for a couple hours in between the clean up effort on Saturday but I'll post back on my day trip efforts as well. Fishing secrets and hunting secrets aren't on the same level, I'll share almost anything about fishing. Good luck everyone.

I'm not going to over advertise-anything here, but one last time visit azcrappie.com if you enjoy crappie fishing. Lot of great people there addicted to Crappie like many of you are addicted to Coues. I go by Papermouth on that site and I'd be happy to get anyone going via pm.

• Like 2

No crappie tonight. Was able to catch a few bass and nice sized bluegills though!

We got intp some good bass action throwing jerk baits at Canyon. My biggest went 4.01lb. Can't wait for fish tacos!