firstcoueswas110

Does Working Out Help You Hunt Better?

Guest 300ultramag.

good thread. I think Being in shape is better than not.in regards to hunting.

Depends on the type of shape you are in.

Going to the gym will help, but nothing gets you in better hunting shape than hitting the hills with your pack.

• Like 1

No, scouting and learning from your mistakes makes you a better hunter. Being fit just makes it easier. I'm allergic to weights, hasn't affected me, not that I can tell anyway.

I thought working out was to score hot chicks not big bucks?

• Like 3

No, scouting and learning from your mistakes makes you a better hunter. Being fit just makes it easier. I'm allergic to weights, hasn't affected me, not that I can tell anyway.

I'm gonna do whatever you do. Till I'm in your crew of big buck killers

• Like 1

Funny things is, lots of guys will complain about a tripod weighing 6 lbs but they carry 29 lbs of lard under their shirt.

• Like 3

do you think that lifting helps you get chicks that hunt though?

Lifting definately helps when the chicks are a little thick, makes it easier to load them in the truck.

• Like 1

If Justin doesn't work out, I'm not going to either...maybe NOT working out will help me kill half the deer he does. :D

Good thread...like everything else, I think being in shape is another tool in your bag when it comes to the hunt. It helps and contributes to hunting success, but isn't a replacement for every other tool like scouting, time in the field, experience, knowing the game, knowing your gear, patience, luck, etc. Every hill I climb I always wish I wasn't carrying 20-30 extra pounds of ME up the hill...especially when those elk are already at the top of the next ridge and I'm sucking wind...

I think a lot of the Zac and Cam haters think that they're trying to say you HAVE to workout like them to be a good hunter, which isn't the case at all. I follow both of them for a bit of motivation and because I find it interesting to see what they do getting ready for the mountains.

• Like 1

Heck yes it helps being in shape..First of all fatigue doesnt set in as quick.. When you are in shape those hills that some of us call " Lung burners" are no longer lung burners when you are in shape. Bottom line is hunting is a sport and like most sports you perform much better when you are physically conditioned. For instance my son who is 14 and plays basketball smokes me hiking and climbing up hills..

Good thread...like everything else, I think being in shape is another tool in your bag when it comes to the hunt. It helps and contributes to hunting success, but isn't a replacement for every other tool like scouting, time in the field, experience, knowing the game, knowing your gear, patience, luck, etc. Every hill I climb I always wish I wasn't carrying 20-30 extra pounds of ME up the hill...especially when those elk are already at the top of the next ridge and I'm sucking wind...

I think a lot of the Zac and Cam haters think that they're trying to say you HAVE to workout like them to be a good hunter, which isn't the case at all. I follow both of them for a bit of motivation and because I find it interesting to see what they do getting ready for the mountains.

Yeah dude the same thing goes through my head season after season when I'm out in the field.. I'm always telling myself " dude next year work out so you dont have to carry this extra 20-30 lbs of fat lazyness .." I gotta lay off the miller's lol

• Like 1

Pretty funny stuff, I'll admit I have lost some weight and I do alot of scouting/hunting to help "stay in shape", but I still say all this hollywood bs of lifting and filming is pretty silly stuff to me.

I already have a good looking wife...., therefore I have zero use for a weight room! Plus my allergy.....

• Like 3

Can everyone stop putting zac and Cameron Hanes in the same playing field please.

That's like comparing Lark to the plague. They're both 100s of years old and have killed a bunch of stuff, but the plague was in a league of its own.

• Like 2

do you think that lifting helps you get chicks that hunt though?

Lifting definately helps when the chicks are a little thick, makes it easier to load them in the truck.

That's why I lifted my truck, my last gf made the tires rub.