Sign in to follow this  
wardsoutfitters

AZGFD DOES IT AGAIN

AZGFD JUST PASSED A LAW THAT IF A LAND OWNER DOESN'T ALLOW UNLIMITED ACCESS THROUGH THEIR GATES INTO AREAS THEN THAT AREA TO INCLUDE PUBLIC GROUND IS GOING TO BE CLOSED TO HUNTING. The reasoning behind this is because they can not regulate and patrol those specific areas, and the hunting that is being conducted on the land they can not access. Call the department to get more facts , I just was told about this yesterday by an azgfd officer.

Maybe this is true but I don't see how they can do this and win. If a guy can access public land and hunt on it then they too can access that same land and patrol it.

Looks like Obama isn't the only one that thinks he is God.

Sounds like a form of extortion. A lawsuit might shut down that attempt in a hurry. G&F patrols wilderness areas by horseback, let them do the same in hard to reach areas behind private property.

Sounds like a lot of outfitters that purchase the hunting and access rights will be affected by it..... Interesting.

Maybe this is true but I don't see how they can do this and win. If a guy can access public land and hunt on it then they too can access that same land and patrol it.

The OP stated the AZGFD was going to not allow hunting in areas that the public didn't have UNLIMITED access,that means the public and the AZGFD don't have access.

• Like 1

Sounds like a form of extortion. A lawsuit might shut down that attempt in a hurry. G&F patrols wilderness areas by horseback, let them do the same in hard to reach areas behind private property.

Everybody has the same access to wilderness areas I believe the OP stated areas the public didn't have UNLIMITED access would be closed to hunting.

If true it sounds like AZGFD is targeting landowners who choose to not participate in the Land Owners Incentive program. It certainly sounds like the ones going to be affected are the hunters paying guides who are the only ones able to hunt that public ground by accessing it thru the private property.

Still don't see how they can do this regardless of how it is stated. Public land is public land. I would think that it is going to take a lot more to do this than just because they want it done. I think a good attorney would have a good time with this one.

The OP stated the AZGFD was going to not allow hunting in areas that the public didn't have UNLIMITED access,that means the public and the AZGFD don't have access.

Pretty vague description

I can see how this may be of some benefit but I guess I am getting tired of some government agency telling me what I can and can't do in every area of my life. I understand there are laws for a reason, taxes are necessary, law is enforcement is necessary, etc. but it is reaching the point that i can't walk out my door without it somehow being regulated.

I have been a law abiding citizen doing my best to do what is right but I am getting fed up with it.

• Like 1

Guest wdenike

post-10217-0-93066900-1425838087.jpg

Be patient when the new voting constituents get their paper work in order. We will be totally castrated!!!!!!

Take care, Willie

• Like 1

Not trying to nit pick, but Game and Fish doesn't pass laws, Az legislature does.

Sounds like something was lost in translation.

Some additional information in the form of house bills or senate bills might be helpful.

I am hopeful that such 'laws' wouldn't be passed but we can always be surprised.

I certainly hope you can provide additional info.

• Like 3

Just so you all can jump me on this one I am for it. Here there is a lot of public land landlocked by private land, completely surrounded where no access is granted. Even checkerboard land you could be cited for trespassing as the fence can be construed as private land, so you can't cross corner to corner. The landowners use all that public land to increase the size of the ranch for "their" land owner tag hunters or charge trespass fees. Just like Couse79 stated who will be effected. Now my question is how are the G&F going to enforce it? Patrols by air?

There was a big parcel of public land down by Cook's Peak that was road landlocked. The state tried for years to negotiate with the landowner to pay for access on the road through the private land to no avail. The gate was locked and was going to stay that way. The state spent many $$$ to build a road on public land to bypass the private land. As soon as the road was complete the lock came off the private land. Wow Amazing. Once access could not be restricted it did not matter to the landowner.

One place I use to hunt in the Gila NF off the San Augustine Plains the FS road went through private land for about 300 yards. This was at a section mark where two fences met at a 90 degree angle to each other, 3/4 was public and 1/4 was private. The landowner tried to restrict access to millions of acres of forest land by locking the two gates where the FR crossed his land. Somehow or another two gates and a road were put in bypassing the 300 yards of private land.

So from my perspective if it is public land then all need access or nobody gets access. I think this is what they are trying to address but it is vague right now.

• Like 3