Sign in to follow this  
452b264

Bear hide Value?

I have a good size cinnamon phase, tanned bear hide that is in very good condition (thick fur), what is an approximate value?

Those are outrageous prices on that website that few people will actually pay. True market value is Craigslist and what they sell for on that. I would say $100-300 with $200 being a good value. I am a bear freak and have followed bear rugs and hides on Craigslist for 4-5 years now. Even taxidermy rugs don't sell that often at $400 or $500 unless in is a grizz or exceptional color phase bear, as most people want their own bear. Most bear rugs on Craigslist drop $100 in price each week from $1000 down to $500 or $60) and their ads expire. I have seen a few bears posted on there and reposted for over a year now, but they are still trying to sell it.

Now a taxidermist might pay a little more than CL price if they screwed up a client's mount, or want to try practicing a mount with a full hide, but I see them only paying $300-$400. So, I honestly do not see a bear hide worth much more than what one paid to get it tanned, based on common sales market value.

Just think about all the recent posts on bobcat fur prices dropping to poor values. Hides don't hold the values that people want them to hold. I love bears and wish their hides were more valuable.

• Like 1

Those are outrageous prices on that website that few people will actually pay. True market value is Craigslist and what they sell for on that. I would say $100-300 with $200 being a good value. I am a bear freak and have followed bear rugs and hides on Craigslist for 4-5 years now. Even taxidermy rugs don't sell that often at $400 or $500 unless in is a grizz or exceptional color phase bear, as most people want their own bear. Most bear rugs on Craigslist drop $100 in price each week from $1000 down to $500 or $60) and their ads expire. I have seen a few bears posted on there and reposted for over a year now, but they are still trying to sell it.Now a taxidermist might pay a little more than CL price if they screwed up a client's mount, or want to try practicing a mount with a full hide, but I see them only paying $300-$400. So, I honestly do not see a bear hide worth much more than what one paid to get it tanned, based on common sales market value.Just think about all the recent posts on bobcat fur prices dropping to poor values. Hides don't hold the values that people want them to hold. I love bears and wish their hides were more valuable.

I found that site , but have no clue on the value.

at auctions around town they bring around 200-400 depending on size - a lot are online auctions and people can't even really examine the hides for rubs or missing teeth/claws and they still bring about the same -

saw a shoulder buffalo mount in excellent condition and a great job of taxidermy go for 500 - was shocked as it probably cost 3-4 times that just to get one mounted

- never really know these days -

like anything else if they really like it - the price can go anywhere

Post up some pictures of this hide, and maybe the story of how you tagged that bear! I do back rolls and belly flops for cinnamons!

I didnt harvest the this bear thats why its for sale.

A lot of antique shops up north buy taxidermy work. You might have better luck calling some to see what they would give you for it. I think Kidso is right on the mark!