el diablo

Results available

Bone collector, I would like to humbly ask you to stop your rant with couesmagnet. You are making yourself look like a complete fool. I know this is your thing, to bash G&F and start a war of words, but you are simply outclassed here. Your youth and inexperience are fully on display. You would be wise to try to learn from the older generation, guys who have been there and done that instead of thinking you have all the answers already. Your public hate towards G&F is known, now move on. Remember the old saying, "There is a reason God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth". The G&F is doing something right if you are talking about quality animals, just look.at the record books. I too have spent a fair time.guiding and almost every single hunter I took out told me how good of a job G&F does here. They hunt all over the world and had nothing but praise for them. Again, spend more time trying to educate yourself instead of trying to be the loudest one in the room assuming you have all the answers...and no I sure as heck don't have all the answers either!

haha oh man here we go again with a "I'm older so I know more than you" guy. I've explained myself and many agree with me and many disagree with me. That's what's great about this website. Someone can give their opinion and everyone can have a good discussion. I can give my opinion and all heck breaks loose and guys such as yourself try your hardest to act like you know more than I do because you're old and have guided. I've got news, just because you're old and have guided doesn't mean you know anything more than the next guy. But if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy and special keep telling yourself that. As for me I'll keep giving my opinion and you'll have to put on your big boy pants and get over it. Or cry about it like you're doing now.

Mc68 you're right on. Being from az and living in colorado, I see first hand the fruits of the g&fs labor. Colorado for elk they focus on quantity not qualty, but for deer it's reversed. Thus the deer quality is great, every unit holds giants, but for elk on the other hand, there is a 4pt antler restriction, and sometimes it's hard to find a bull even that big.

The limited draw is what it takes to manage wildlife correctly in my opinion. Wyoming went to a limited draw in every unit and in the past 5 yrs they have been pulling studs out.

All of us have had times where we weren't happy with the g&f, granted most of it is due to we didn't draw the tag we wanted.

Don't be that guy who bashes his state! I love az and love the fact that it's a special place to hunt.

Mc68 you're right on. Being from az and living in colorado, I see first hand the fruits of the g&fs labor. Colorado for elk they focus on quantity not qualty, but for deer it's reversed. Thus the deer quality is great, every unit holds giants, but for elk on the other hand, there is a 4pt antler restriction, and sometimes it's hard to find a bull even that big.

The limited draw is what it takes to manage wildlife correctly in my opinion. Wyoming went to a limited draw in every unit and in the past 5 yrs they have been pulling studs out.

All of us have had times where we weren't happy with the g&f, granted most of it is due to we didn't draw the tag we wanted.

Don't be that guy who bashes his state! I love az and love the fact that it's a special place to hunt.

comparing Colorado with any other state for elk size the other state is gonna win. Would be like coming from Mexico and comparing the food to taco bell. You know what's gonna be better.
  • Like 1

Idk if this has been mentioned but I thinks you guys have hijacked this Thread!!! I used to have an opinion but I soon realized it doesn't matter when you have guys who can type up anything behind a key board without consequence! Respect goes a long way for all sides. It's just sad to see such arrogance and lack of respect for your fellow hunters.

• Like 3

So ya.....about those draw results.....

Guest 300ultramag.

Genes and AZ weather.This equates to big antler growth- one without the other doesnt produce a whole lot of anything.

why dont all of you come back an argue when you are premier members.. I was an advanced member once (I was in diapers).

you guys are misremembering alot of stuff here.

Genes and AZ weather.This equates to big antler growth- one without the other doesnt produce a whole lot of anything.

why dont all of you come back an argue when you are premier members.. I was an advanced member once (I was in diapers).

There is a third component to antler growth where g&f is directly involved and that is Time. I remember a statement put out by the g&f commissioner many years ago and how they have a conservative approach to tags. g&f has deviated from that a bit but the core is still there. I may not be a premier member, but I will put the content I add up against most.

• Like 1

I will say the G&F peeps that are in-the-know about when results will be released are pretty good at keeping it a secret!

so, now not only do us guys under 40 not have a say, but now we must be "premier members" to have a say? what a joke. since making thousands of posts on this website makes you the foremost authority on hunting and any related issue. unbelievable

• Like 1