GTT

My brothers turkey!

Just got back from a turkey hunt w/ my brother & nephew...We got this bird to gobble Fri. morning & tried "several" times to get ahead of him to set up & call. On my last attempt we were just about ready to pull over & get set up when I caught movement to my right...he had already crossed the road & was getting ready to drop into a deep draw. I pulled over & my brother got out, closed the distanc to 40 yds. & rolled him w/ one shot. He was a mature tom w/ a 9 1/2'' beard. I'd really like to say we called this bird in, but an opportunity like that is hard to pass up :D Thanks, Bret

4-27-07Turkey014.jpg

Congrats on the bird! I was up in 8 and there was zero gobbling. Never actually heard one call. Had to come home early because my dad was getting an allergic reaction from the junipers. Will be heading back up in 2 weeks to try again.

Were any of the birds gobbling in your area?

Congrad on a nice looking bird. I would have done the same. Most would have said they called him in. You guys shoot staight.

Younghunter, I was able to get several birds to respond to my crow call but nothing else....actually calling them in was another story...I guess I wasn't speaking the right language ;) Good luck if you go back up.

firstcoueswas80, "Unlucky" That's what I say about my kids too...when people say they look like me :D

tjhunt2, I appreciate that....I like to tell it how it happened.

Whoohoooo.....Congrats to Bart! Beautiful bird! Hey....."When the going gets tough........the tough run em' down!!! Sometimes it takes a little "legwork" to get them Turkeys :lol: :P You got some awesome pics.........post the one with Bart holdin' it up.......that one's BADA$$$! Congrats, JIM>

Whoohoooo.....Congrats to Bart! Beautiful bird! Hey....."When the going gets tough........the tough run em' down!!! Sometimes it takes a little "legwork" to get them Turkeys :lol: :P You got some awesome pics.........post the one with Bart holdin' it up.......that one's BADA$$$! Congrats, JIM>

Here it is Jimbo....Thanks for all the comments guys :)

4-27-07Turkey003.jpg

Congrats!Beautiful bird and as mentioned before way to tell it like it happened, I'm sure your brother appreciates the bird just as much as if it would have been called in.

Nice! I wouldn't pass on that oppertunity! Way to run em down!

Lance

I really like standing up picture. I'm always looking for new ways of taking pics of everthing and will have to try this angle. Good job again!

Congrats on getting a nice gobbler!! Sometimes when they aren't gobbling much you have to take the opportunity that presents itself. I was out trying to fill my second tag this past weekend and the birds would only gobble from the roost in the morning. Not a sound after they got on the ground or in the evening when they went back to roost.