Sign in to follow this  
fdh88

Where did you put in?

I, like most others on here, am anxiously awaiting the draw results, so I thought I would just start a new thread to see where everyone put in or what area you are hoping you got drawn. The other threads seem to be getting pretty heated, so I hope this keeps the mood light until the results come out.

I put in for 8 and 10 late cow. It will be my first elk hunt. My husband also got a card hit for early archery bull in 5b. I've been picking his brain and asking all kinds of questions. I also joined this site and learning as much as I can. It will be an exciting year.

• Like 4

I put in for archery bull only. Unit 1 first choice, and unit 6B second choice (no 3rd, 4th, or 5th choices....). My card account was hit for the fee so I know I have an archery bull tag, which is awesome! Just anxiously awaiting the unit..... :)

S.

:)

• Like 1

1&27. Put in with check so anxiously awaiting results to see if I got ANYTHING!

23S early rifle bull first choice and 6A archery bull second............... Just waiting to see what one they picked for me.

Archery 9, 7E bull. No draw here

unit 1 early archery bull 1st, unit 21 late rifle bull 2nd. got a hit on my card. I'm gonna freak out if I drew unit 1 archery bull with only 5 points.

3b or 6a early archery. This will be my first trip to AZ. Any ideas on the better of the two? I've been doing my research and I have some ideas about 6a but not a lot info on 3b. Thanks!

3b or 6a early archery. This will be my first trip to AZ. Any ideas on the better of the two? I've been doing my research and I have some ideas about 6a but not a lot info on 3b. Thanks!

This will also be my first trip to AZ.

I'm in on 5BS as my 1st choice and 6B on my 2nd choice, both early archery bull tags. Regardless of which I've drawn I'm interested in learning more about both units this year. Lots to learn this year and it will be fun to get some serious boots on the ground this Summer and Fall!

At the risk of giving up my "secret", I put in for bull/cow every year whichever unit we decide upon. I get to go most of the time with this strategy, and since 2005 have had 5 Archery cow tags and 3 archery bull tags (all September BTW). Here's hoping most everyone else is just too proud to put in for an archery cow tag so I get to go almost every year! ;)

IMHO, life is too short not to be hunting elk every year and besides it's so much more fun hunting cows during the rut than sitting at home watching football! ... and yes, I've had large bulls w/in 20 yards only to watch them walk by, but those have all been "cool" experiences so yes, so much better than even the best football game... any day!

Since 2005 I've been almost exclusively putting in for 5BN, but last year put in for 8 and drew/killed a cow. It was a great hunt, lots of fun, and saw a lot of elk (of course, spent appropriate time scouting the "new" unit, and it paid off). This year, all I know is one of my kids drew a junior's cow tag in 6A, and between two other kids and my wife and I we have 2 other hits so anxiously awaiting results there too (all on the same card).

Put in for unit 8 again, bull/cow and my wife put in for a Sept rifle bull (one of my sons drew that tag in '08 and took a nice bull) and rifle cow in 5BN.

At least I get to guide if nothing else!

• Like 1