varnco

Used Bow Recommendations?

Go with an Obsession Phoenix or Evolution and you won't be sorry

Not exactly in my price range for a "starter" to see if I'll even continue with bow.

Reviews on them appear awesome though!

Find you price for the bow only. Then go shoot all the bows at that price point. Have someone with you and stand close to the bale. Shoot the bows with your eyes closed. The bow that feels the best through the entire shot sequence is the bow you buy. This advice was given to me by a very well known bow hunter and it has never failed. Brand loyalty means nothing. Buy the bow that feels best in YOUR hand. Good luck

There is a diamond rock available in the classifieds here. For $200 seems like an easy pick.

• Like 1

There is a diamond rock available in the classifieds here. For $200 seems like an easy pick.

No one seemed to recommend diamond brand...is it a good brand?

Should I be concerned with the description "Strings and cable are original, but they don't look too bad."

Thanks.

I own a Diamond and I love it. It's an older one 2004 but still shoots good and I have never had any problems with the cables or strings. If I bought a used bow i would have it checked out and replace strings and /or cables if needed. I paid $450 for mine new. They are made by Bowtech.

Diamond is a bowtech line. They make good bows that are designed to be economical. I would replace strings on any used how I bought. Probably run you $125 tops.

No one seemed to recommend diamond brand...is it a good brand?

Should I be concerned with the description "Strings and cable are original, but they don't look too bad."

Thanks.

Where are you located? If you want I can meet you at Paseo Vista range and we can shoot "The Rock" I have for sale. If I can help another person get turned into archery I'll give the bow to you for a great deal. Draw length is 27.5 and draw weight is 50-70#

Thanks all! Exactly what I was looking for, I'll keep an eye out for:

PSE Brute X

Mathews Switchback XT

PSE Omen Pro

2006 Bowtech Allegiance

Diamond Infinity Edge by Bowtech

Thanks all! Exactly what I was looking for, I'll keep an eye out for:

PSE Brute X

Mathews Switchback XT

PSE Omen Pro

2006 Bowtech Allegiance

Diamond Infinity Edge by Bowtech

Oh, I didn't know that Diamond was Bowtech. I thought Diamond was a different company, and that Bowtech just happened to have a model named "Diamond Infinity Edge".

I'll add "Diamond Rock" by Bowtech as an option.

This tells you how little and how much I have to learn about bows!

Thanks.

:D Just giving you a hard time! It is hard to keep it all straight. My punctuation needs to be better but I did not get good grades in English so let me rephrase----Diamond brand, Infinity Edge model, made by Bowtech

For AZ, definitely get a compound unless you have many extra hours a week to practice. I love recurves but a compound is so much easier to learn and shoot well. For under $400 you should easily be able to get into a decent used setup.

Good luck.

Camofire.com has a bear authority bow RTK package normally $500 for $250 for the next 50 minutes.

Missed it... by 15 minutes.