Sign in to follow this  
chzheadguy

coyote hunting

Hello. I am new to coyote hunting. Glad I decided to hunt them. It is very fun. My wife says she is already sick of it. Is it worth my time to be hunting them right now? What about the summer time. I have a fox pro and would love to hunt year round. Especially since I can not get drawn for anything else.

Hunt them all you want when you want, kill as many as possible, just don't get divorced over it. Save that for a bull tag.

• Like 3

I took my wife. She grew up hunting. I have 4 kids so it is a little rough. I am very grateful when my mother in law will watch the kids so I can take her with me. Is it possible to shoot a coyote in the summer or is it a waste of time to go out then? Thanks in advance.

I have been hunting yotes for probably 11 years and to be honest I suck at it the two that I have killed I didn't call in and the few I called in I didn't get it done. I would never say it is a waste of time. Just another reason to get out

Are you talking waste of time or waste of time cause the pelts are good or bad??

Hunting coyotes is never a waste of time!!! :)

I love taking my wife cept she just busts up laughing watching me blow on hand calls......great times with the boys as well, not a waste of time ever!!!

• Like 1

Right now the females are in the den having pups, they let the males do the hunting. The males are active but very skittish, if they come it at all it

will be down wind, very cautious. This has been my experience with the mountain coyotes. Desert dogs may do things differently.

I've done well in the summer months in the high country. I've also done well in the desert during summer after a strong monsoon storm where the desert is wet and the sky is overcast. Desert cools off and it seems everything comes out to play.

The pelt will not be worth as much as they are during winter. Other than that there is not much difference. Your still calling a predator in with hopes of an easy meal. They have to eat all year long.

Sure there are specific things that keep a coyote from coming into a set. These things differe from season to season but there is always a need to eat.