Sign in to follow this  
clintb

Pics added Ford F250 Diesel Excellent Condition

Posting for a senior buddy. 2003 Ford F250 Superduty Lariat FX4, Leather interior, 4x4, automatic, extended cab, long bed, spary in bed liner, step bars, 56,xxx miles, yes that is actual mileage. Truck is in super condition, interior looks brand new. Newer Michelin tires, rear back up sensors, air bags on rear and has brake controller installed. Yes this has the 6.0L Powerstroke, the plus side, it has been "bulletproofed". We installed new heads (Latest Ford update at 41,xxx), ARP Head Studs, Black Onyx head gaskets, 8 Ford fuel injectors, and the Sinister EGR delete kit. This truck is stock, no programmer, air intake or exhaust, ready for you to customize or leave stock. This truck really runs great! There are many Ford trucks out there, but very few this clean or in this condition. Exterior and interior are gray in color. He is asking $23,500 obo. You can either call me, Clint at 520-249-1211 or him, Andy at 520-249-1904

post-12476-0-22226800-1429553149_thumb.jpg

post-12476-0-51721200-1429553207_thumb.jpg

post-12476-0-04491500-1429553248_thumb.jpg

post-12476-0-16591500-1429553296_thumb.jpg

post-12476-0-98980300-1429553334_thumb.jpg

post-12476-0-53264300-1429553396_thumb.jpg

Pictures added.

What all was "Bulletproofed"..... Sounds like a heck of a deal.

These 6.0 have a reputation for having EGR problems, injector problems, and head gasket problems, fixing these issues is referred to as "bulletproofing". It is a really good deal. My bud is in his 70's, he put a ton of money into making sure the truck runs great, but its really to much truck for him.

i was thinking it was a rare and elusive 2003 7.3 with those miles, then realized it wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes on here

• Like 1

i was thinking it was a rare and elusive 2003 7.3 with those miles, then realized it wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes on here

Had one a few months ago, dually 4x4 7.3 with 64K miles, didn't even make it to posting!

blue book for this truck in excellent condition is 16k. asking 7k over blue book is not such a heck of a deal.

• Like 2

These 6.0 have a reputation for having EGR problems, injector problems, and head gasket problems, fixing these issues is referred to as "bulletproofing". It is a really good deal. My bud is in his 70's, he put a ton of money into making sure the truck runs great, but its really to much truck for him.

I was curious if it had the bulletproof oil cooler and FICM as well.

blue book for this truck in excellent condition is 16k. asking 7k over blue book is not such a heck of a deal.

If this truck was really bulletproofed (Everything though, not just ARP's and EGR Delete) with the mileage, $23K for a truck that will get another 300K miles would be a heck of a deal.

JMO

I drive a 2005 F250 and for me to fully "bulletproof" it, it would cost $7500 or so. Just sayin.

Yes, the oil cooler and FICM were also done. The FICM was done by Performance Diesel out of Wisconsin. I own an auto repair facility, we did all the work on this truck, the gentleman who owns the truck is a long time friend of mine, some people call him my dad! His price on the repairs/upgrades was over $10,000, that included the new updated heads. I have tried to convince him not to sell the truck, but he's old and stubborn! The reality is the truck is too big for his needs. In regards to blue book value, those who know diesels, know that doesn't mean much, try finding a good condition diesel truck at book value! There is a dealership down here that offered to buy this truck at more than retail book value, I told Andy not to sell to them and I would try to help him sell it. Trust me with what the dealership was offering him, and then what they would mark it up, this truck would be way above $23,500 OBO. I have a Chevy 2500HD Duramax and a Dodge 2500 Cummins, or I would buy this Ford. Come to think of it, maybe I should put them up for sale also, sell the first 2 and keep whichever one is left over!

• Like 1

You guys and your diesels! your expected repairs for a defect that a company has made you responsible for is more than my budget for a good used car. L.O.L.

• Like 1

I had My one diesel, it was fine in AZ. but once it got to cold weather in N. Dakota. it ate up the $ in repairs. Dont take em in a frigid climate and you will be ok. And it was the 7.3. F350 I now have f150 with the 5.4. Great power..............BOB!

I have an 02 F350 and it runs like a champ in any conditions, and it has the 7.3 in it. Haven't had one problem with it...that's why I am still running it.

• Like 1

Clintb is correct as well in that blue book values don't really hold to diesels. I have had several people offer me 23k-25k for my truck.

Just sayin...

So what your saying is its not really "bulletproofed" it just has a few upgrades to fix the issues these trucks have. I'm pretty sure you saying that might upset someone thinking it has a bulletproof diesel kit on it and it does not it has a ficm from some co. In Wisconsin and a sinister diesel egr delete kit. That is a little miss representing. Saying it's bulletproofed