apache12

New release for rookie?

I'm two years in and shooting more. Think it's time to put my $20 release in the pack as a back up

I don't know all the terminology but I use the strap type release not the kind that look like brass knuckles

And it's not the hook type but the caliper. I think I would just stay with that type to keep my shooting form similar while I'm still figuring this archery thing out

Any releases to stay away from or ones that folks have had good success with?

I think the fold back seems worth it. Any reasons why to avoid fold back?

Thx

Go try the Ringer at Ross Outdoors. i went from a caliper, trigger style and I've never looked back. It just feels incredibly natural.

• Like 1

I just read about that after your post. Wow ring finger. I feel like that's the most uncoordinated finger on my hand. Gets good reviews might have to check it out but the price tags is a bit more than I have now

Thanks for the idea though

Oh, i thought the same thing. Until i shot it.

I use a TruFire Hardcore though I have big hands and may be selling to get something that's a bit more comfortable for me, keep your eyes open for a fire sale on a 120 dollar release ;)

Depending on how you shoot. If your a puncher or back tension shooter? Scotts and calipers are good for punchers. Carter's and other heavier trigger releases are for back tension guys. Try them all and decide.

What's a puncher? And I guess what's a back tension. Is that pulling hard straight back?

A puncher is a guy who rides a horse looking for moo cows, back tension is what the horse feels from the puncher on him. :D

the carter quickie is not a backtension release, but even to shoot a regular release you have to squeeze your back muscles and have a surprise shot that is why the backtension release is great for practice.

If you shoot your bow like a rifle your a puncher. If you wrap your finger around your trigger and use your back and shoulders to pull through the shot you use back tension. I use a carter quickie + to achieve my back tension shooting.

• Like 1