COOSEFAN

They Won't Leave Me Alone!

Well, I went out hiking again today after work. Hiked way in to the mountains and climbed up on a small rock knob to sit and glass for a while. I got up and just happened to glance down at the route I had taken to get up there, and instantly knew something was there that wasn't there before! Do you see it?

Snake1.jpg

I had walked up through there only 20 minutes earlier, beating the bushes and rocks with my walkin' stick as I went, so I don't think he was there at that time. He probably saw me and decided he better come over and say HI before I left! Here are some zoomed in pic's and we'll call these the "As It Lay" pic's.....

Snake2.jpg

Snake3.jpg

I actually hesitated going down there to take "Pisssssed" pic's of him because it was so steep with lots of brush and stuff.......but...It was the only way down! It got kinda scary when he started flopping around and striking because we were in such close quarters, but I snapped the pic's anyways and got the heck outta there! This is a Western Diamondback and had some cool characteristics in his patterns close to his head and had a pretty pinkish color....but, in the end....it's still a dang Rattler!

Snake4.jpg

Snake5.jpg

And this is where I left him...

Snake7.jpg

And as I headed out I took a quick pic of the sunset, thought it looked pretty cool. Thanks, JIM>

wttanks.jpg

+1 if it's a snake...and I find it... it's gonna get some lead. :ph34r:

Coosefan, I always like looking at the rats here than in the wild. I use to kill everyone I saw but haven't killed one for a long time. If they leave me alone I leave them alone. Thanks for sharing.

The snakes add to the excitement, Jim What are you doing glassing in the desert in may when its 90 degrees ouitside? Its hot and all but why?

The snakes add to the excitement, Jim What are you doing glassing in the desert in may when its 90 degrees ouitside? Its hot and all but why?

The snakes suck! There are so many places I want to hike to, but I'm afraid to because of the snakes. I've been going out trying to find the deer to see if they've dropped yet and the glassing I've been doing is mainly for sheds. I'm not able to get high enough in the hills to have a good chance at finding anything anyways, but it's better than sittin' at home.........plus I can be in the hills 10 minutes from my house, so it's cheap and easy. JIM>

Coosefan, I always like looking at the rats here than in the wild. I use to kill everyone I saw but haven't killed one for a long time. If they leave me alone I leave them alone. Thanks for sharing.

I agree....If they try to get away from me or offer a fair warning....I'll let em' go....BUT, if they come after me ( sidewinders are notorious for that ) or don't give me a warning.....the lead will be flyin'! ;)

The snakes suck! There are so many places I want to hike to, but I'm afraid to because of the snakes. I've been going out trying to find the deer to see if they've dropped yet and the glassing I've been doing is mainly for sheds. I'm not able to get high enough in the hills to have a good chance at finding anything anyways, but it's better than sittin' at home.........plus I can be in the hills 10 minutes from my house, so it's cheap and easy. JIM>

That is not fair Jim the closest I can go from my house to glass for deer and shed hunt is a 45 to 60 minute drive depending on traffice :angry:

That is not fair Jim the closest I can go from my house to glass for deer and shed hunt is a 45 to 60 minute drive depending on traffice :angry:

You know what, I have hunted a bunch by the house over the years, I've killed two bucks and a Javi out of there and I know where there are a bunch of sheds out there, but I have never had a desire to get very serious about it....even though it's so close. I don't get that excited finding Muley sheds ( unless they're huge ) the terrain sucks to say the least....it's better suited for Sheep and the main reason..........THERE ISN'T ANY COUES DEER!

What you complainin' for Christian....YOU'VE got COUES DEER less than 1 hour from YOUR house! :angry:

You know what, I have hunted a bunch by the house over the years, I've killed two bucks and a Javi out of there and I know where there are a bunch of sheds out there, but I have never had a desire to get very serious about it....even though it's so close. I don't get that excited finding Muley sheds ( unless they're huge ) the terrain sucks to say the least....it's better suited for Sheep and the main reason..........THERE ISN'T ANY COUES DEER!

What you complainin' for Christian....YOU'VE got COUES DEER less than 1 hour from YOUR house! :angry:

I used to know where there were some nice coues an hour away from my house before the fire went through but now I can only find the floppy eared deer in there and some javelina. I am sure they will move back into the area and are probably in there now but I just can't find them right now!

I used to know where there were some nice coues an hour away from my house before the fire went through but now I can only find the floppy eared deer in there and some javelina. I am sure they will move back into the area and are probably in there now but I just can't find them right now!

Those aren't the Coues I was talkin' about.....head East! ;) They are a little easier to find over there.