Sign in to follow this  
azshtr

G&F Campaign

That is quite the PR campaign G&F has going on. What is the intent?

There is a new bill board in my neighborhood in Phoenix on 32nd street just South of Cactus facing North that is really nice. I understand some hunters and fishers don't see public marketing to the non hunters/fishers as a waste of money, but the more positive view non-outdoors people have of our G&F department the better. If all the hikers and campers who enjoy wildlife would just buy a hunting and/or fishing license even if they don't use it, there were be a lot more money for non-game species, etc.

By they way, I really like the new web site. If you haven't done so already, set up an account today.

• Like 5

I'm not against G&F on this one. Outdoorsmen (women) pay more than a fair portion for conservation. Most city folk I work with think its the federal govt. or just govt in general. I am sure they chose this time of year as summer vacations are about to start up.

Like any business, I would be interested to see how they are going measure the rate of return on this. Radio ads during prime hours every day for that length of time are not cheap. Sounds like its just an "awareness" campaign.

There is a new bill board in my neighborhood in Phoenix on 32nd street just South of Cactus facing North that is really nice. I understand some hunters and fishers don't see public marketing to the non hunters/fishers as a waste of money, but the more positive view non-outdoors people have of our G&F department the better. If all the hikers and campers who enjoy wildlife would just buy a hunting and/or fishing license even if they don't use it, there were be a lot more money for non-game species, etc.

By they way, I really like the new web site. If you haven't done so already, set up an account today.

Hey neighbor! I live near 32st and T-Bird.

This is a pretty pricing ad campaign they have put together. I wonder how many months they will keep this up for. Ruff guess, since I am in the marketing field I would say about 50-75k in ad spending per month with all the billboards both digital and static and the radio ads like stated above during the prime time hours.

http://gameandfishfacts.com/#/stories

Seems to me like a way to ad more money to the animals in AZ and close the anti hunting gap, created by the crazy wacko super liberals about how hunting is horrible yada yada yada. I think it's great that they can see how much $$$ sportsman contribute to the wildlife and also how that money stimulates local economies.

• Like 2

I think about 5% of the US hunts and 5% are anti-hunting. The other 90% are neutral so the more positive of a message you can get out the better. Look at the PR campaign that Co. started and it has helped change the views of the non-hunting public. It won't change the rabid anti's but it does help with the other 90%.

• Like 3

I think about 5% of the US hunts and 5% are anti-hunting. The other 90% are neutral so the more positive of a message you can get out the better. Look at the PR campaign that Co. started and it has helped change the views of the non-hunting public. It won't change the rabid anti's but it does help with the other 90%.

Well said.

Anti's will always be anti's, its the folks on the fence we need to make good on.

Well, Anti's have been saying for years that the way us hunters are going there won't be any wildlife left in the future. Well, BECAUSE of us hunters and wildlife conservation efforts the animals are more abundant and in better shape that they have been on the far past. Look at the records that are resent being broken with huge animals. That's because of US and wildlife conservation monies generated by US. We need to give ourselves a round of applause and keep doing what we are doing. Well done hunters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IxAKFlpdcfc

• Like 1

This is a pretty pricing ad campaign they have put together. I wonder how many months they will keep this up for. Ruff guess, since I am in the marketing field I would say about 50-75k in ad spending per month with all the billboards both digital and static and the radio ads like stated above during the prime time hours.

http://gameandfishfacts.com/#/stories

Seems to me like a way to ad more money to the animals in AZ and close the anti hunting gap, created by the crazy wacko super liberals about how hunting is horrible yada yada yada. I think it's great that they can see how much $$$ sportsman contribute to the wildlife and also how that money stimulates local economies.

They also have some high production costs.

I should add that I am not against the PR push. I just found it interesting that they hit all at once and hard.

I can see nothing but good coming from educating the nonhunting public with some facts. Its a good push back against the sentimental dribble propaganda that the antis are shoveling.

• Like 1

Dont be fooled amigos. This expensive PR campaign is part of a bigger agenda. It's already started and there are plenty of examples lining up. What's happening is the AZG&F is being propped up as an the alternative to the Feds. More specifically Federal land ownership and it's managing agencies, National Forest, BLM and National Parks. Here is a quote I've taken from Outdoor Life and they took from National GOP platform

"Republican Party’s platform on public land:

Experience has shown that, in caring for the land and water, private ownership has been our best guarantee of conscientious stewardship, while the worst instances of environmental degradation have occurred under government control. By the same token, the most economically advanced countries – those that respect and protect private property rights – also have the strongest environmental protections, because their economic progress makes possible the conservation of natural resources. In this context, Congress should reconsider whether parts of the federal government’s enormous landholdings and control of water in the West could be better used for ranching, mining, or forestry through private ownership. Timber is a renewable natural resource, which provides jobs to thousands of Americans. All efforts should be made to make federal lands managed by the U.S. Forest Service available for harvesting. The enduring truth is that people best protect what they own.”

As this is happening, http://www.sltrib.com/news/2451901-155/bishop-stewart-launch-action-group-for

They are going to give us their best used car salesman pitch about local control and easier access, but they have already stated that is not their ultimate agenda. They want to eliminate Federal Lands (government ownership) so that the lands and resources can go to the "Stake holders". Stake holders would be land developers, mining interests, logging interests. and anybody with enough resources to purchase vast tracks of land.

This State removed the democratic (not Democratic) oversight over AZG&F policy a couple of years ago. Prior, AZ legislators had to vote on major changes with AZG&F, but they "streamlined the process". Now, the only democratic oversight is the Governor gives approval to the commission once a year or something like that. So the AZG&F is propped up as a popular alternative to those land agencies with the pitch that will bring the control local. Don't believe it. These people do not believe in public land or "people's game" for that matter.

I believe that these usurpers feel that the extreme partisanship in this country will leave an opening to slip this past Sportsman. They will use the idea that AZG&F has such a good reputation that they use it as political capital in a PR campaign.

They'll say that they will listen to your concerns, but your vote as a citizen is no longer relevant. When the land is lost, it's gone forever. Makes me feel a little bit like Crazy Horse

I wonder if this cost less than you think. AzG&F is a law enforcement agency. I wonder if this falls under public service ads. I know our end DWI does not cost what it should due to public service ads. A wondering mind is a dangerous mind.