Kingzero

My new 6mm Creedmoor

I had a custom Savage in 260 that was the most accurate rifle I ever shot. I loved that rifle but it was still a Savage and after a while I wanted something more. I sold it and this is the end result.

Deviant S/A AW cut

Bartlein 5R 8 twist @ 20 " in 6 Creedmoor

XLR Element

Timney 510

Vortex PST for now

LRI did the barreled action, and the turn around was fast. (It would have been faster but the post office lost my stuff on the way to LRI.)

Nick at XLR was great to deal with.

Got my barrel and action from Greg at SPR (Bugholes)......super nice guy.

20150501_153741_zpstovor8la.jpg

• Like 3

That is sick. Doing the same 6.5 in the defiant action

That is slick!

^ agree , how does she do?

Not sure. Going out tomorrow for function testing and break in. Might get some load development in on Monday. Will post some groups when I have some.

• Like 1

Did some shooting today and boy am I rusty. I haven't shot since September I think and it shows. Good thing practicing is fun. I tried 6 loads today from 40.5 to 43 grains of H4350 with 105 Amax's. I think my upper node is around 42.5 so I will load more in .2 grain increments from 42.2 to 42.8 and then play with seating depth.

20150504_163456_zpsvzm0bxkp.jpg

I had some time till I had to get the kids from school so I decided to stretch it out. I loaded up a few at 42.5 and hit the desert. My chronograph gave me an average of 2960 that put me a half minute low at 517 yards. Corrected and shot this group.......just under 5" with the flyer. Corrected velocity is 2900 flat.

20150504_151147_zpsgmbz1gsl.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, it weighs 15.7 lbs unloaded.

Curious as to why you chose 6mm instead of 6.5? Not partial to either, just wondering.

Curious as to why you chose 6mm instead of 6.5? Not partial to either, just wondering.

I had a 24" barrel on my 260 but wanted to go shorter because of the suppressor. I chose 6mm because I could get more velocity out of a smaller bullet and sort of make up for 4" less barrel. Trajectory is flatter and rifle is more manageable. Less recoil too......makes spotting hits/ misses easier.

From what I read it appears more people are winning with 6mm than the 6.5 on the competition events. The big one is the 6mm creedmore.