Few years back a buddy had his side window smashed in his truck and they stole a bag of poor bro chips and a knife. They left a camera and glasses alone. Last year at the 36A Jr deer camp after the crowd left on Sunday we had some food and water taken but I leave that out hopefully to prevent them from rummaging through my food boxes and tent.

azyoung

A buddy of mine has only had one issue down south on a hunt. He drives an old body style suburban, and the rear springs are pretty much shot. I guess he's been pulled over every year by border patrol for suspision of smuggling. If you have ever seen that truck it does ride like there are twenty people in the back of it. :lol:

:ph34r: But Outdoorlife just said that is one of the top ten most dangerous hunts. :P

Now that i remember my 2 sons were pulled over by a helicoper on the way into town two years back by the border patrol.They were in shock when they were told to pull over !!One was 20 years old the other was only 12 years old.

Three years ago during the January bow hunt I was driving quickly down a dirt road in 36c. It was 1 hour before light and very dark. I came around the corner and was shocked to be completely blinded. I slammed on the brakes. After 15-20 seconds my eyes adjusted and I regained my sight. Two Border Patrol agents were pointing M-16s at me. Between them was a high powered towable spot light. They were ten yards from my truck. The agents said nothing and continued to point their weapons at me for a long time. Probablly only 30 seconds, but believe me it seemed like an eternity. I was frozen stiff and said nothing. I really thought it was the end for me. I am proud that I didn't soil my pants. Finally a radio broke the silence. Its only a hunter I hear one of the border agent say into his lapel radio. They then lowered their weapons and waved me through.

Bob

we had some food and water taken but I leave that out hopefully to prevent them from rummaging through my food boxes and tent.

Were they at least nice enough to leave a note like Santa does? :rolleyes:

I have seen a ton of the border crossers and have had a few run-ins as well. My thoughts are the closer to the border you are.....the less desperate the illegals are! Where I hunt, the illegals are fresh on the start of their journey into MY country, and usually have water and food, so they are more apt to avoid any contact. Several miles North and into some different units, I hear about alot more confrontations and I really beleive it's because they have run out of water, worn out, and alot more desperate! Shorty and I had an illegal walk right up shoulder to shoulder with us at a creek and fill his water bottles on our Oct. hunt last year! He was pretty desperate and seemed to be giving up, I'm pretty sure he wanted to go for a ride in the Rhino and eat our lunches! I also watched Bret (GTT) jump out of a trailer in his "whitey-tightey's" one morning with his pistol drawn because there was an illegal in camp! That time we were very close to the border and he was still stocked up for the trip and looked like he just started out. He just thought we were his "Coyote" and was waiting for us to throw him in the trailer and go! The trash is my biggest complaint overall, they've destroyed alot of country down there....but you can avoid the bad areas and still have a good hunt. I will not let them change my way of life and I will not give up hunting the country I love! You just have to be more alert and always take people with you.......I also never leave home or camp without my Glock on my side! JIM>

One of our builders just carries his cell phone, and a GPS. Last year he didn't tag out, but got twelve illegals. :lol:

thanks for the replys. I somewhat respect what these people are doing. what I'm afraid of is the drug runners. I will be packin I think my choice will be 36b dec and nov.

I WITH EVERYONE ELSE SCREW EM THIS IS OUR COUNRTY. WE MAY HAVE TO PLAY COWBOY AND ILLEGAL WE HAVE YET TO BE ABLE TO PLAY THAT GAME.

I have never hunted down south ethier. What about when you leave your Rhino and go off hicking for the day? Do you have to worry about it being gone when you get back to it for the day?

I have never hunted down south ethier. What about when you leave your Rhino and go off hicking for the day? Do you have to worry about it being gone when you get back to it for the day?

It depends if you have cool rims and whitewalls on the rhino, the radio is a must have, for future stucco crew jobs so leave that at home. :lol:

It depends if you have cool rims and whitewalls on the rhino, the radio is a must have, for future stucco crew jobs so leave that at home. :lol:

HAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What is hicking?

Is that when you roll up a pack of smokes in the sleeve of your dirty white t-shirt, throw a 6 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon in the cooler and go frog giggin?

:P

That would be baiting and I don't know if thats legal.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, from the looks of the size of these tires, they look like they came off someones rhino. :lol:

carshow_0657.JPG