Sign in to follow this  
Coach

.22 LR

And we shoot differently now. Used to be a 50rd box and a bolt action - or single shot - got you through an afternoon. Now even a Ruger 10/22 can burn up 500 rds in a couple hours. Many semi-auto shooters (me too) of military look-alikes with 20 or 30 rd magazines: more people shooting, shooting faster, shooting more rds at a sitting.

• Like 1

And we shoot differently now. Used to be a 50rd box and a bolt action - or single shot - got you through an afternoon. Now even a Ruger 10/22 can burn up 500 rds in a couple hours. Many semi-auto shooters (me too) of military look-alikes with 20 or 30 rd magazines: more people shooting, shooting faster, shooting more rds at a sitting.

True that ! Last time I was at Ben Avery some old man next to me was lettting rounds go through his .22 1911

I could care less if some old fart wants to hoard .22s. It's his right to own as much as he wants. The problem is, it's just like gas. When there is short supply and the manufacturers know it the price goes up. Maybe someone should come up with a way to reload them and become a billionaire. I got plenty. They are for the kids to shoot and learn. When I run out I will stand in line I guess.

I could care less if some old fart wants to hoard .22s. It's his right to own as much as he wants. The problem is, it's just like gas. When there is short supply and the manufacturers know it the price goes up. Maybe someone should come up with a way to reload them and become a billionaire. I got plenty. They are for the kids to shoot and learn. When I run out I will stand in line I guess.

http://22lrreloader.com/store/

• Like 1

Well..there ya have it...no more crying I guess and I'm out a billion dollars... hahahahaha :lol:

• Like 1

I definitely was not suggesting a limit, but I was curious to know others opinions. I've never thought of buying ammo in bulk but I certainly believe you should have a healthy supply in your home because you just never know what can happen. And I'm sure that's reason enough for loading up and buying what you can. It's just the times we live in. My thoughts on this have more to do with our freedoms and political future. I think people's ammo purchases are their business.

Well..there ya have it...no more crying I guess and I'm out a billion dollars... hahahahaha :lol:

Just watched this video. You can reload 7000 rounds after the initial purchase of the reloader for $65.00. I think that's well worth doing versus standing in line or complaining about hoaders.

• Like 1

Yes Dicks is bringing in .22 Ammo every other week..it stays on the shelf tor 3-4 days beafore it sells out 29.99 for the brick.

Same with Big 5 , kid that works there told me to show up at opening time every Tuesday and get in line to buy it.