Sign in to follow this  
GameHauler

How to fine tune your archery skills

That looks like so much fun. A little on the dangerous side but fun.

That's that I was thinking to the letter. I would love to try it though. :lol:

what kind of fish were they? was that in the u.s. ? what a rush.

I think it would be a safe bet to say that it was the Illinois River, and the fish were Asian Carp. My thoughts behind this is the fact that I remember reading that river had a huge number of carp in it that were causing huge disruptions of the river's biological balance.

Its the sound of the boat motors. They are trying to get away by jumpin out of the water.

Hummm, I have been in alot of waters with fish in it that haven't jumped like that when the boat goes by.

Hummm, I have been in alot of waters with fish in it that haven't jumped like that when the boat goes by.

I think its just the Asian carp that jump like that. Thats just what I heard somewhere.

Do we have em here yet?

I dont know if we have the asian version here yet, but I know we have some huge carp in the verde river that do almost the same thing. A few years ago I canoed about 8 miles of the river with a AZGFD friend doing a survey of the fish. We had a generator in the canoe, and a large aluminum ball hanging from the bow that sent an electric pulse into the water to stun the fish so we could scoop them up to measure them. It was a great day to say the least, as well as very educational. The carp were the only fish to slam into the boat at full speed. When they would get shocked, they would swim toward the shock until they ran into the side of the canoe. It was pretty funny having up to 10lb carp slamming into the side of our little canoe.

twoguns