I bought my first trail camera and set it up near my home. I only put in a 12 exposed film wanting to check it sooner to see if it worked. Had it set for 4 days and it took all twelve pics. It had 51 hits total but since I only had twelve pics that is all it took. All were of elk so I won't post them all, since this is a coues sight. I thought I would post this one though just to see what u thought of it.

Thanks Brian

trailcrop.jpg

Nice 5 by 5 bull. What State is the pic from and what deer cam you are using?

It's from Arizona Unit 1. I was using the Stealth Cam. I have pics of bigger bulls but my scanner quit working and I can't get them on the puter.

Brian

I've seen plenty of good size bulls in unit 1 south and east of Big Lake. Would really like to get over that way this summer to do some scouting and fishing but havn't had the chance. Has it rained much this year in unit 1 because here in Flagstaff it's a little low on the rain this year so far.

It has greened up pretty good up in the higher elevations. The rain has been pretty spotty though. It's not raining as much as it should be. My brother has a Unit 1 archery bull tag so we've been trying to find some good bulls. Haven't found any monsters yet. Can't wait to get my camera down in coues country. May even buy one or two more if this one keeps working good.

Brian

Since I rarely hunt unit 1, I'll tell you where I saw a monster bull last August and one other big bull. Also I've seen a lot of turkey up there every summer. coues14@aol.com

Bret, use 400 speed film. If you use 200 you won't get as much range or detail at night.

Bret, I used 400. The instructions said to use 200 but 400 is what I had so that is what I used.

Brian

Anyone who wants to share sightings of big bulls in unit 1, I'd appreciate it. Especially any archers that just couldn't make it happen on any big bulls... when they hang up at 100 yards, it's a little different outcome with a rifle. After nine years of putting in to no avail, I've finally got the early rifle tag in unit 1 this year.