Sign in to follow this  
mbiewer

Hecs Stealth Shield

So.... Anyone hear of this stuff?

Was going through "close encounter elk" videos and one was a 4 yrd cow that walked in on the inventor of this clothing.

So I looked it up. lots of neat videos and pictures (some people from az in fact). And big name sponsorships (Hecs sponsors shows on the outdoor channel)

heres the link

http://www.hecsllc.com/

It seems to be a cool product but I have had elk and deer walk right by me with good camo and scent control as well.

• Like 1

Cool videos, but this stuff is snake oil. I have had bugling bulls almost run me over out in the open. It doesn't take voodoo to get close to animals. My favorite video is of the feeding muley does, if that video was in my parents neighborhood in MT, that dude could have walked up and kissed those deer, they don't care about people.

• Like 1

Limiting movement is more important in my opinion. I have had deer and elk walk within 2' of me with nothing more than camo on. No scent control. Just a daily shower. And I had a bobcat within 5' of me while wearing jeans and a black t-shirt.....until my phone rang. You would have thought that cat stepped on an electric fence......

But I think scent control is important for some of my old hunting buddies......just saying......

I'm going to go with snake oil on this one as well. I saw the ad on the outdoors channel the other day, they also had a full on tv show for the stuff where they showed different hunts using it. The only thing I was thinking the entire time was… scam. With proper camo and scent control, you can achieve the same results. Their entire basis is on the EM fields produced by the body, and blocked by the suit. Where is the science to back up any of their claims about animals sensing these EM fields? Show me the science and I might have a different take on it. Without it, it's just an baseless marketing ploy.

Marketing to hunters is easy. Show big animals getting killed with anything and hunters will buy it... Doesn't matter what it is. Deer,elk etc don't have magical mythological powers people. Get Upwind and they will smell you, move and they will see you. Pretty simple

Whats the phrase fishermen say? " most lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish " change a few words and it could definitely apply to hunters!

• Like 2