Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Owl music video

Hi All,

Thought you might enjoy watching this 4 min video I put together of the owls that I work with on Mt Lemmon. I use mice to find an owl's mate and young and decided it would be interesting to make a video of the owls swooping in on the mice. I think it's pretty cool. Check it out!

Amanda

Great video Amanda! Took me back to my spotted owl hunting days. I spent 3 summers chasing them in the Tonto and Gila NF. To date, it was the most fun I've ever had while working. Great way to get into coues hunting shape too!

Kevin

great job on the video!

I saw your picture of the goulds turkey on azods main page....did you get that pic while doing your video

Amanda, thanks for sharing some of your awesome project work with my wife and I. That's great you have the chance and ability to do something you love. In the short time I have had the privilege of viewing your CWT.com I have come to really appreciate your dedication, determination, and commitment towards preserving our hunting heritage. Thanks Amanda!TJ

Kevin --- you are right, it's a great way to get in coues shape! I get to hike the steepest country in the catalinas. Most of my friends think I am nuts, but it sure makes for strong legs....

Thanks TJ for the very kind comments.

And I am glad you guys enjoy the video. Those owls are truly amazing at what they do. I was thrilled to get some excellent video of them. Normally I just take my still camera.

Downthebarrel.....I did get that strutting tom pic while doing some owl work. But it wasn't the same day I got the video.

here is the strutting tom pic that you mentioned. I was sure pleased to see my first strutting Gould's turkey!! Thanks to AGFD for reintroducing those turkeys.

On a different outing a couple days ago I was hiking into an owl place and heard three gobblers going nuts. So I grabbed the camera and tripod and went after them. I used my voice to imitate a hen yelp and managed to get a male (which I think was a jake) to come within a couple feet of me. But he got nervous when he saw the camera and me and he left. He sure was shocked when he came around the tree expecting to see a hen! I wasn't camo'd or anything, in fact I was in white tshirt and pants so I think I must have stuck out like a sore thumb.

post-1-1179515971.jpg

post-1-1179516077.jpg

Amanda, thanks for sharing some of your awesome project work with my wife and I. That's great you have the chance and ability to do something you love. In the short time I have had the privilege of viewing your CWT.com I have come to really appreciate your dedication, determination, and commitment towards preserving our hunting heritage. Thanks Amanda!TJ

Hey TJhunt2

You must be out of your pain meds cause you did not miss spell to many things. :lol: :lol: :P

Nicely said. ;)

Thanks Amanda very cool video.

Hey TJhunt2

You must be out of your pain meds cause you did not miss spell to many things. :lol: :lol: :P

Nicely said. ;)

I wish I was off the meds :( but to tell you the truth my wife is my spell check and she gets tired of me asking her how to spell this and that. I can't figure out how to make the spell check work on here. :huh: I'm lucky to turn the computer on & off. :lol: :lol: :lol: