Sign in to follow this  
jdown

what do these two goats score

Here is two goats I glassed up this week that were bigger then most of the buck I saw. I saw one other I couldn't get a picture of that was definitely bigger but I am trying to get a better idea of how to judge these goats in the field any help would be great. I am positive I can do better at least that's what a few of the people I showed said.

Thanks,

Jacob

First two pictures are the same buck third picture is a different buck

post-13161-0-74146900-1433369360_thumb.png

post-13161-0-74455000-1433369377_thumb.png

post-13161-0-24750900-1433369395_thumb.png

First buck low to mid 70's around 74 is my guess. 2nd buck is less. I'm far from an expert, but I've killed a few in that score range.

That first one looks just like my Wyoming lope from last Sept. He scored 75ish. Needed longer tops .........BOB!

post-4458-0-67947200-1433370882.jpg

• Like 3

that's a great reference I can definitely see it now I thought he was much heavier when I first saw him but not quite as heavy as I thought

Thanks, Bob

Guest 300ultramag.

nature bob just hijacked this thread with that beauty of a goat!!!!!!

nice goat bob

Taxi. called me he is done. Gotta take 4.5 hours each way to Montana and pick him up . Just what the wife wants is another animal in the house. This one wasn't as big as I wanted but was just real good lookin........BOB!

Do you have a bowhunt or gun hunt? Both of these would be worth keeping in your back pocket if you're bowhunting. If its a rifle tag then keep looking as you can do better. I think both of these goats will finish out a little bigger then they are now. I would say 78-79 on the heavy one and 76-77 on the bottom one. The top mass on that bottom one is something to watch out for. It makes the cutters look bigger and affects the score in a huge way. It's kinda like 3rds on an elk, a little extra in there turns a nice one into a really nice one.

• Like 1