Sign in to follow this  
LIK2HNT

Antelope score

Buck was from Wyoming unit 61 in 2011

What the photo does not show is that the buck's bases are really round, and the curl of the length is not clear. Like I said I thought he might go 80 inches. But since I let him walk I will never know. It is interesting to hear everyone's guesses and opinions. I am no expert, and antelope seem to never give you a clear look where length, prong, and mass all line up. Also long prong length seems to make mass look less. Therefore one picture is very hard to judge. The horns always seem to turn funny and you can only see one or maybe two aspect of the horn at a time. The one thing that always throws me a curve is horn length when they face you. I have seen pictures of live bucks that are known to be 90+ and from a side view look great and tall. Once the are facing you they look a lot shorter. Here is a picture of the buck I took the last day of this hunt. I know what he scores. Lets hear everyone's guesses and opinions on his score. In a few days I will post a few pictures of its euro mount at different angles.

Bill

post-13039-0-37433500-1432181284_thumb.j

AZkiller, I usually try to be polite, but have you ever held or measured a set of antelope horns?

I do not know if you are serious, but 57 inches!!

The first antelope my son arrowed when he was 12 scored around 64 inches. Great buck for a kids first.

post-13039-0-59312300-1432181382_thumb.j

so you really think this buck below scores 57?

post-13039-0-37433500-1432181284_thumb.j

Bill

• Like 1

76-79